Toys R Us Out of Biz, any JB Hunt drivers effected?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Mike2633, Mar 15, 2018.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Shopping is certainly getting different ...they recently tore down a mall in suburban Kansas city that was barely 20 years old .
    Many more look deserted .

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Amazon and Walmart ran them all off.

Mike2633 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I guess everyone would rather just stay home and wait for the product to come to them. All these big box stores getting shuttered won't have much of an effect on the distribution centers though. Warehouse personnel will stay busy, and those of us driving the junk around will continue to do so. Until the scary, horrifying, driverless trucks come to take over. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I don't have kids, haven't been there in 20+ years, but I do like to study retail archeology the whole subject of dead malls and retail space and stuff like that fascinates me for some reason, and that's what I've heard Toy's R Us was always a tad high on all there prices.

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  6. mangdriver

mangdriver Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    I worked there for a few years between and during full time jobs. management were nice people, but had no common sense. I did back room stuff and bike assembly. They would get soo much product in there would be no space on the shelves in the back, and if the product was put away in back it only came out if a customer asked for it. They were definitely overpriced, even with the 10% employe discount. my first black friday their they were slammed, the next two it was pitiful. And considering their only competition in my area is kmart, that's said. We don't even have a Wally world, closest one is about 45mins away

bentstrider83 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  7. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    All the video's I've seen of Toys R Us were like that the store was like a ghost town half the time. Although the one near me there's always a decent amount of cars in the parking lot and they've been there for a long time so someone must go there. I heard the people who worked there were nice and very helpful and knowledgeable and the stores were always cleaned up and set well. I guess what really happened to them was in 2005 they were bought out and the company that bought them out was way in debt and the actual dip in sales they had would not have actually been enough to really kill Toys R Us if they were still on there own, but the company that bought them out, couldn't handle that and was in so much debt it caused them to go down the tube.

8. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    That YT channel is pretty good. Dan Bell, Retail Archaeology and Ace's Adventure's cover these dying stores from the beginning of the end, all the way up to months after they were shuttered.

Highway_Executive and Mike2633 Thank this.
  9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Yeah Retail Archaeology was all over Toy's R Us that guy wasted no time at all covering them.

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Need a mall to study? Fairgrounds square mall in Reading, PA. Built on the former reading race track for sprint derby cars. The mall was hopping a decade ago, now its a deserted wasteland. Maybe 2 or 3 stores in the whole place.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  11. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.