Toys R Us Out of Biz, any JB Hunt drivers effected?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by Mike2633, Mar 15, 2018.

1. intrepidor

intrepidor Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Western Iowa
    Hydroponic marijuana farms.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s something I try to avoid. I don’t want to pay for anything with a credit card unless it’s absolutely necessary.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It matters not. Toys R US has not been supplied system wide at times when suppliers simply refused to ship without cold hard cash up front. Im pretty sure JB Hunt and other carriers used other peoples freight to keep the trucks busy.

I'll not miss Toys R Us. They have been vegetative for a long time.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    This is what happens with over leverged buy outs.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    turn them into high priced condos..???

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Yeah, like we don't have enough of those developments already.
    Or, we could always encourage a sort of co-op, crowd-sourced, buy-out of the properties by those who are actually concerned over the lack of basic amenities apartments. Go through the process of getting the zoning changed on the property and divvy the building up into some 1-2 bedroom, cheap living for the actual, working stiffs.
    The "bro-grammers" and other, riches-fueled academics already have the rental world at their fingertips. It's time to give the average worker some more options in the urban scape as well.

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    there really isn't much anymore in the way of "affordable housing", when rents are (here) as high as $2,000 per month. Boston is even higher at or about $3,000 per month.

affordable housing usually means "section 8" housing for the disabled, or homes for Vets.. what about the rest of the people that are a low income earners? even places that rent for $800 a month are out of thier reach.

rents are driving many to live in thier cars. i actually see this each morning, when i go to my local CVS store, no less than 3 cars, in the parking lot, engines running, cars jammed with personal belongings, and the people sleeping. (i get there on my way home from work at or about 5 AM daily)

we have become a country/society of the "have and have nots"...

yet tens of BILLIONS of dollars, is sent overseas DAILY, to help other countries.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  9. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I don't know any JB drivers from the Flanders NJ terminal but they could always transfer to Intermodal or the new Amazon account we just picked up.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.