TQL ISSUES AND LAME EXCUSES NOT TO PAY

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by SSTLLC MCALLEN, Apr 2, 2020.

1. SSTLLC MCALLEN

SSTLLC MCALLEN Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2020
    Hi this is Barbara with Southern Star T... we booked a load with TQL on monday in el paso, tx going to MArietta GA ,, 46300 on the weight ... get to the receiver on thursday morning for the receiver to tell us that will not get offloaded till 10 days later ... the guy who we booked the load hides and does not answer phone calls and comes with the lame excuse that he cancel the load with the driver; he never send any type of email or phone call to dispatch... and again refuses to answer the phone..then all of a sudden we get an email that he is getting unloaded in a different facility
    and get a call that we got hit with a claim..where we will be responsible for unloading, storage and repower
    try talking to the claim department lady and well they made the driver responsable for taking the load... they never send email to dispatch saying spoke to your driver the load cancel ..TQL will have 3-4 people calling for tracking will have 3-4 people calling to make sure you load and unload and this broker not even takes the time to speak to dispatch to make sure that load was not picked up
    also shipper makes sure to load everything they could on the trailer and sent the driver off to deliver ..so are we really screwed and be moving loads for free and still actually paid them...???? or is there something that we can do??

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    If you are owed any money by TQL and do not pay out the claim they will deduct it from what is owed. We blacklisted TQL a long time ago. Their current woes are likely going to sink the company. You may want to consider joining the class action suit against them.

401-Alex, 77fib77, Dave_in_AZ and 5 others Thank this.
  4. SSTLLC MCALLEN

Apr 2, 2020
    Yes that's what I thought ..they practically going to take it from the load plus what ever ... yes I will not move another load for them ... is very little that we have move for them and this is the last load ..they will call all day to beg for to take their cheap ### loads and still take advantaged
    So where do we signed ... is so unfair for our driver practically as the situation is moving loads for peanuts then we get this ...

5. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I get the feeling we're gonna see a lot more
    Of this in the coming weeks.

Trucking is all about screwing over the other guy
    As much as you can, during normal times.
    Some of these companies are about to get down
    And dirty.
    It's every man for himself now.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Rideandrepair, TallJoe and bzinger Thank this.
  6. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Total
    Quality
    Loss

Rideandrepair and Western flyer Thank this.
  7. TheLoadOut

Nov 6, 2019
    Always remember to transfer your money out of your biz account into another account as TQL has been known to dip back in.

Buckeyes614, Rideandrepair and PE_T Thank this.
  8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Why did the shipper load it to begin with if it canceled?
    I would sign refused and put the name of whoever you dealt with at the receiver and take it back to the shipper.
    Then invoice TQL for the round trip.
    Make sure you save all emails and hopefully you are recording the call.

9. SSTLLC MCALLEN

Apr 2, 2020
    there's no mediators for us carriers/drivers... they can bring what ever excuse they want to just not pay the agreed rate or just simply take advantage of the service and equipment we provide.. so sad that everything depends on the driver on times like this to keep shelter, goods, medical and all essentials and yet we just get so screwed

Rideandrepair and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. SSTLLC MCALLEN

Apr 2, 2020
    That was the plan to return the load..but they said that they would still put a claim on us .. to release the load at the location they were providing ..
    then after they unloaded the truck that's when we got the call of the charges we were responsible for again they used us; so now the load is near by they ...don't have to pay as much yet they will charge everyone shipper for shipping, receiver for not receiving and us for storage ... I told the lady that we want it to dispute the claim and she said "well is with me and I'm denying it"

11. TheLoadOut

Nov 6, 2019
    One day they're going to push it too far

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.