TQL ISSUES AND LAME EXCUSES NOT TO PAY

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by SSTLLC MCALLEN, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    maybe but with TQL it really is not if but when and with freight volume dropping faster then capacity believe me their arrogance is going to get worse.

Deere hunter and 86scotty Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Didn’t they just have a big layoff?

Deere hunter Thanks this.
  4. lokltrkr

lokltrkr Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2010
    central Wisconsin
    if you watch the load boards they have several loads listed with same weight different origin city but same destination. I haven't hauled a load for them simply because because of this deceptive practice.

when i called about a load I asked why they did it this way and was told it because it generates more calls.

86scotty and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  5. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    Generates more wasted time.

86scotty and clausland Thank this.
  6. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    So what? I post my truck in 3 or 4 places. I put craigslist ads in multiple states. Do you not call on 5 or 6 loads in a day?

Yes. I asked my buddy in the atlanta office about it and he said it was unnoticeable to him. That people get canned all the time.

7. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    issue is you call for a load from a specific origin with a specific rate and end up finding out you have to deadhead 200 miles which kills the rate.

that’s why some of us have issues with that practice.

86scotty, clausland and FoolsErrand Thank this.
  8. FoolsErrand

Sep 15, 2017
    My boss annoys me, but he feeds my kids.

TQL is huge. The left hand hasnt met the right. There are gonna be all sorts of people in that company. They bid freight lanes to their shipping customers quarterly and stay locked in at that rate. So as markets change the brokers are stuck trying to move freight below current cost because of the contracts. The brokers themselves are just little middle class americans trying to stay afloat like us. Theyre gonna clutch at straws, sugarcoat and play desperate games to get through the day. Look at a truckstop to see just how classy we are.

TQL loses money and kicks in boot to move a lot of loads above what they bid when the rates get hot and theyve underbid.

No i am not making excuses for full on con artist brokers within their ranks, id want to choke them if they did my like the OP.

9. old iron

old iron Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Northern Wi
    If every broker posted every load 17 times in 17 different towns like TQL does on darn near every load. What do you think a load board would look like?
    I rarely post a truck but when I do it always has NO TQL in big bold print. I bet 5 out of 10 calls are these TQL idiots that call anyway. "Ahh. I got this load 200 miles away from you going in the wrong direction".
    "What can you do it for?"

The best was the guy that studerd everything 4 times who called on my partial step deck posting. MN to Alaska.
    "I got a partial van load from Manitoba to California that might work for you"...

I hope one day their building gets burned down around them...

lynchy, 86scotty, nikmirbre and 2 others Thank this.
  10. FoolsErrand

Sep 15, 2017

Where i am running they all did. 10 brokers clamoring for the same #### load of idaho timber to knoxville for the exact same price, each one auto reposting every 3 minutes. So like 60 posts for one load.

Well. That was before corona virus when the stuff wasnt moving. Now it is!

11. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Ive yet to answer a random call from a 513 area code...... cause we know who it is.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.