TQL Screwed Our Christmas!!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by amwilletts10, Dec 17, 2012.

1. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    TQL Rate Confirmation HAS the load number on it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Hell should hear what the ooida's collection department thinks about TQL

4. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    This is why I demand they e-mail me both the rate confirmation AND the dispatch sheet. Takes away that whole "dog ate my dispatch" possibility.

Of course the official reason is that the emailed version is much clearer and helps make sure we get the address time/pickup# correct. You know how those drivers can't write stuff down while they're rushing to the shipper, right? LOL

MNdriver Thanks this.
  5. 900,000-tons-of-steel

900,000-tons-of-steel Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Florida

Understood. If he indeed received a rate confirmation one has to question why he would post something to this effect and not provide the load number. Any o/o would want to take steps to make certain either word gets out about shoddy company practices as is done repeatedly in this forum and/or make certain the higher-ups in the company are aware of less-than-stellar practices. Drivers are not the usual suspects to take a screwing laying down and simply walk away with zero repercussions if such are available but otoh some drivers are known to embellish and withhold information and provide only one side of the story. There are three sides to most stories, the driver's, the company's, and the truth. We've received part of one.

6. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

Hell, I just hauled a load for TQL this week across NY to MA. Not a bad rate, $1050 for 392 miles. I have had better rates from them as well.

I have had a couple of times TQL has attempted to hose me, I just don't move my truck without the actual pickup with these jokers.

I've even had brokers (blue line) put on the posting like Warsaw MN and then the confirmation comes back as Warsaw IN. Uhhh...Like hell no that ain't getting moved for the same rate.

TQL can be good, but one has to be wary of these guys for definite. I may book a load from them, but I am always searching for something with them until I have an actual pick up address out of them.

7. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    the trick at TQL is to know the broker, some are really good guys

some are dirtbags, and when you speak to the good ones, dont feel shy telling them about the dirtbags

MNdriver and 379exhd Thank this.
  8. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Got any names for the good ones? Because the guy i talked to acted like i was outrageous on my price and i thought i was haulin cheap.

9. amwilletts10

amwilletts10 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2012
    We did have a load #, but as earlier stated... there is a clause at the end of the contract... the contract that was recieved by our dispatcher..... The clause that was NOT explained to us until AFTER we were screwed out of the load. Again.. I say... live and learn....

900,000-tons-of-steel Thanks this.
  10. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    give me the name of the guy who screwed you and the load number

i am no biggie there, not even a pimple, but i will just use it as a reference to folks i know there that this guy is giving TQL a bad rep

(not that TQL doesnt have its issues) but i have ran into the dirtbags, and i have no problem with telling those i like that so-and-so is giving them a bad name

what do they do with it? i have no idea, they may all be high-fiving each other, but at least i maintain a decent relationship with a few

11. amwilletts10

amwilletts10 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2012
    We booked the rate w/ Emily, then Steve took it over. The load # is 3048570.

900,000-tons-of-steel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.