TQL - "What kind of a rate would you need to make that work?"

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by DocG, Aug 20, 2012.

1. LastChance77

LastChance77 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Tarheel
    Hey P.R. Lady,
    Tell the whole dang office up there in the Buckeye to take there second hand L&M produce frieght out of Raleigh N.C.
    and shove it where the sun doesnt shine I have hauled my first and last load of Onions for Yall!!!

Yea you might pay quick but anytime you pick a load up in Delta CO going to Miami and it doesnt pay enough for your fuel advance to carry yhe load Something is wrong.
    I hate to say it but C.H.Robinson is now my second cheapest broker to haul and TQL is the first!!!

That Being Said.....Have a Good Day:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Was it a surprise to you when you reached Miami and realized the fuel cost was above the amount the load paid? Why did you even put it on the truck? If TQL and CHR are your main sources of freight, you need to get more sources. Believe it or not there are TONS of brokers and customers out there looking for quality services (not the cheapest).

4. Billyjack

Billyjack Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2008
    London, KY
    Well bad business again and this time not TQL but Giltner out of Jerome, ID. Booked a load out of Suwanee, GA going to London, KY (Via Shelbyville, TN) for $1100.00 for next day loading. Received confirmation, signed it and sent it back to them. Got a phone call later in the day from the lady that gave me the load and she told me that her supervisor told her to pull the load from me because she was going to give it to another carrier that does business with them more regularly and that carrier needed the load. There would be know difference if I called them back up later and told them I just got another load with a better rate and I will not be picking your load up. I am beginning to wonder what good is a confirmation if we continue doing business like this. As I said this was a next day load so I got time to look for another one but all I can say is watch out for Giltner!

aiwiron Thanks this.
  5. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I don't haul tql once was enough.

6. Crazy D

Crazy D Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Homewood,IL
    The key is they DON'T HAVE THE LOAD!!!! I have filed complaints with Transcore over these jokers. they post they have loads in an area, the load is 200 miles away. Or more. I seriously hope that Transcore makes good on their word. An end needs to be put to this. I will work and continue to work on putting these people to an end of posting loads that don't exist. trust me when I say this TQL. YOUR DAY WILL COME!!!! I would rather deal with Cheap and heavy Robbingsome before dealing with your idiot backwards people. You want help? Quit being a Puppymill of brokers. You have a BAD NAME TQL!!! And again I will do what I can to make your life miserable as far as posting loads!!!

DThompsonNGI and mcgoo422000 Thank this.
  7. joker760

joker760 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2012
    NJ
    It's simple, just don't haul for them and eventually they will be forced to be honest and pay good.

8. LastChance77

LastChance77 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Tarheel
    Well I agree once is enough and after giving them a second shot I said the hell with em. I figured I would at least see what kind of rate they had yesterday on a load from the Marine Base In Jacksonville NC going To Ft Irwin In Ca and they give me some bull of 4400 I told him I wasnt going to the coast for under 5k and sure enough he said He would see if He could get the customer up on the rate and call me back.Well 2 hours later he called me back and said he got the rate could I still go and I said yes. Well they sent over the 5k rate confirmation and all was fine I was set to load it today at 10am sharp and I will be ###### if he didnt call me back and say some off the wall crap like I havent hauled enough loads for them and that they wanted someone who hauled for them more often to take the load.
    Now at this point it kinda rubbed me the wrong way so I spoke my peice and told him if there F ing rates wasnt so cheap that I might would haul for them alittle more often and continued to tell him just forget about my number I wouldnt be hauling anything ever again for them and to take the load and Shove It and hung up the phone.
    Let them type that into there computers and note it about me. Bottom Line here is a Rate Confirmation is only good as the paper it is printed out on.
    All TQL is a bunch of Crooked Cheap Dishonest Freight Brokers..

9. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    tql is in ohio what do you expect? I personally boycott ohio. Everytime I go there it always some form of BS.
    I picked up a sea can there broker said it was 6000lbs total. I get there the can weighed 8900lbs.
    I pointed out the tare weight to guy shipping and his reply was you know that's not right.
    ohio is full of morons as far as I'm concerned.

10. jimf922

jimf922 Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Wow still whining about tql. Tsk tsk. Again people since the last time, It's all in the agent you deal with. YOU always can say no. Works for me. I get good rates from the ones that say yes to me.

11. ela

ela Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2013
    TQL definitely have a lot of shady brokers and practices. Once I called them and they refused to give me the load, it was a load of cherries, because " you don't have enough money that we owe you". So in other words, it's sure we will have problems with the cherries and you don't have enough money that we can keep from you". And I never had any problems with them before, meaning damaged products or temperature issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.