TQL - "What kind of a rate would you need to make that work?"

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by DocG, Aug 20, 2012.

1. cominghomesc

cominghomesc Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    sc
    Not to sure about that I cant move loads for less than $3/mile going up there. I don't do them much just odd stuff for a couple of my customers going up there. Plus when I have run my trucks out of that area I cannot find anything decent coming out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. E.S.A.D

E.S.A.D Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2013
    That area for a reefer is hard to get out of with any decent rates. If you are going to a rough spot, gotta make sure you're making it going in. $2.00 per mile avg will keep you rolling but there is no way to avg that going in for $1400.00

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Chilhowie, VA
    Lady, the company your represent sucks, and I will extract the money TQL owes me in one form or another. I can't wait to see the day TQL folds and all of its cronies call me for a job and I geive them the same last response I gave the last PR rep.

6. LastChance77

LastChance77 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Tarheel
    Thats a fact they are a bunch of Indian Giving No Freight Paying Thieves!!

7. markevonnie

markevonnie Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2013
    I can verify I have had very similar experience with this company!

One particular load I did for them, apparantly I didn't do a very good job of negotiating because at the delivery point, I spoke with another owner/operator who got $350 more than I did (he claimed to have taken a class on negotiaing for better rates)!

Amazingly, the following week, I happened to be in the same place again where a few of these loads were still available. Armed with the knowledge of what they could really afford to pay, I was able to negotiate the full amount of what I should have gotton on the first load (an extra $350).

I have hauled quite a few loads for this company which actually have worked well for me; however, I'm annoyingly particular in choosing loads. Or, maybe I'm just lucky

I can't say they are one of my favorites; however, they are everywhere as they do boast about. Are they taking over the trucking industry? It's a little concerning to always see the load board littered with their freight.

I've never been cancelled by them; however, it's a little unnerving to not have all of the pick up information until the last minute (when calling in for dispatch when the truck is empty).

Also, I've always been paid the agreed amount on the rate confirmation in 28 days.

Maybe their flatbed brokers are a little better to work with than their reefer brokers?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  8. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Maybe there is a good way for some people to alert shippers to the fact that they will not haul certain brokers' freight, like a big sticker on the back of your trailer or something?

9. Sly Fox

Sly Fox Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Whenever I call on a TQL load, I always give my 'best rate I want' when they ask. Usually it's way above them and a few get angry that I would ask for so much trying to play me down. Sometimes they bite. Generally, though, i don't call them.

10. BKExpeditedInc

BKExpeditedInc Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Its amazing that TQL is still in Business. What a joke of the company.

11. englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Chilhowie, VA
    My friend I used to think the exact same thing. It was not until I had an equipment problem and where my rig broke down the earliest someone could look at it was in Monday morning (broke down on Saturday). They will always calin to look out for you, in tern you will always go above and beyond but when , not if, the moment occurs that you have an issue do to no fault of yours such as a breakdown then you will see the other side. They will shmooz you to do everything to let them repower or cross dock and tell you everything will be OK but when they farm your misfortune out looking for another carrier, they will use the full amount of the load as quick leverage leaving you with nothing when you submit your bill even if they issue you a seconf rate confirmation securing payment for your time and efforts invested. Do yourself a favor and contact a transportation attorney and have them read TQL's contract and see for yourself what your attorney has to say to you on that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.