TQL - "What kind of a rate would you need to make that work?"

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by DocG, Aug 20, 2012.

1. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I have and it's good. Try Game, El Taco Luchador, con huevos, wild eggs (lots of good breakfast in louisville actually), Havana Rumba, and yeah I should stop. It's a long list as I started thinking about it and realized I was going to write the longest run on sentence ever. There's a lot of good food here.

PPDCT and HalpinUout Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I'm with Mercer so with how close they are to downtown I try and walk to different restaurants when I'm in town. Had Los Aztecas at 6th & Main yesterday. Was pretty good.

4. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    A lot of the really good food is away from downtown honestly. If you arrive early in the morning at some point and need to kill a couple of hours a few of the better breakfast places are worth an uber ride. I'd recommend getting dropped in the highlands because if you're feeling cheap you can catch a bus back to downtown incredibly easily.

5. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Stevenson, Al. That brings back memories. I took a load of scrap cardboard in there probably 20 yrs ago, I think it was Mead Paper back then. I sat all day and half the night trying to get unloaded. I haven't been back since. I wonder if the lines are still like they were back then.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Funny you mention that. I used to run local area scrap loads into there all the time 5 or 6 years ago. I used to get home every night doing those and other local loads. Sometimes there would be long lines and sometimes not. I remember one of the deck plates was broken and they were down to 2 docks from 3 for a while and that sure made for a long wait. The flatbed trucks always got unloaded quickly. They were lousy loads. Before I knew any better. You #### sure don't take a nice or newer trailer anywhere near that place or the places shipping those scrap loads. I don't haul #### like that anymore under any circumstance. I'd rather starve lol. You must be at a new company now if you're booking with CHR on your own? Or did you reactivate your authority?

whoopNride Thanks this.
  7. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    I got a really good quote on insurance, so I decided to reactivate my authority. I have wished a few times I had taken your advice. LOL. What a headache to get everything back in place. It has smoothed out now though.

The wife rides with me full-time so it makes it much easier. She does most of the paperwork and billing.

izifaddag and rollin coal Thank this.
  8. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Yep. I did something VERY stupid back in May. I took a load of bricks from NC to WA. It was a bad, bad move.

9. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    God that is true BUT it is really the only way to do trucking. This is about the freedom for me. I am not getting rich but the peace of mind instead of the resentments is worth it.

10. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    What happened? please, do tell...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.