Tracy ca chp overlength tickets

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by pjw044, May 28, 2009.

1. sbv

sbv Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2007
    madras, or
    this map shows there are not any staa routes in tracy

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I pulled chips for Louisiana Pacific for almost 10 years back in the 70's - 80's. Got to drive some interesting roads- places like Ft. Bragg, Dinsmore, Alder Point, Annapolis.... I loved it.

I heard about Camino closing. The real problem is nobody can sell any lumber- nobody's building houses. Where I work now we literally cannot get lumber loads to L.A. to get our backhauls. A couple of months ago I was at Sierra Pacific in Arcata for over 4 hours (A long story) and ONE other truck came in for a load. I'm lucky that I weaseled my way into a tanker gig, for a few months at least.

Oh- and since there are so many lumber trucks and so few loads, guess what's happening to rates?

4. kelgar50

kelgar50 Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Bakersfield,CA
    They don't have to post anything about 65' laws sorry to burst your bubble.And there are many 65' roads and hwy's in ca you just have to becarful and check things out before you do things.
    Good luck

5. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Don't forget the 40' kingpin settings on many roads...HWY 49 going south from Auburn to Cool, 40' max set, DBLS ok as long as neither pup exceeds 28'.

About 12 years ago, Werner decided to take the "short cut" from Auburn to Placerville, had the road locked up for 18 hours while the experts tried to figure out how to get the trailer off the guardrail without it going down the canyon..finally they brought a C12 dozer down from the Cool quarry, and just ripped the trailer off the guard rail back into the roadway. It was hilarious watching the boys in blue scratch (and sniff) until the dozer operator finally told them he could do it.

Never did hear how much that one cost Werner, or the driver...ROFL:biggrin_25512:

(should that be D12...all I know is it was beig, very big and yellow)

6. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

LOL, I remember that one.

7. High Desert Dweller

High Desert Dweller Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    City of Tracy Municipal Codes

3.08.300 Truck Route Restrictions

When any such truck traffic routes are established and designated by appropriate signs, the operator of any vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of five (5) tons or more, licensed commercially as a truck in the state of origin, and used for carrying goods for pickup and delivery shall drive only on such streets, except when necessary for egress and ingress by direct route to and from restricted streets for the purpose of loading or unloading. The provisions of this section shall not apply to passenger buses under the jurisdiction of the Public Utilities Commission. (Ord. 1068 º 2, 2004)

http://www.ci.tracy.ca.us/departments/police/truck_routes/

Whomever you spoke with in the city attorney's office was misinformed. What street were you travelling on when you were cited?

8. sbv

sbv Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2007
    madras, or
    you still have to be california legal (65ft overall length)

9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    This is funny, it does not have to be posted in Tracey its a statewide law, just like 55 max, and 2 right lanes. When and if you goto court you find out they are going to enforce it.

10. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

OK so answer me this:::
    If Calif has a 65' law why is every sleeper truck not stopped at point of entry and cited? Why are there NO signs at points of entry advising of this law?

11. sbv

sbv Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2007
    madras, or
    Because there are STAA routes that allow you to drive on.
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/traffops/trucks/truckmap/

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.