Trailer mounted pump vs truck

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Jamesnuzzo1, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Jamesnuzzo1

Jamesnuzzo1 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Thanks for all the good info ops. I definitely like the idea of a dual line dump system for the future versatility. Is there any preferred brands? From the research I've done there is a limited selection .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Jamesnuzzo1 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Jamesnuzzo1

Jan 28, 2017
    That does seem like a nice set up. I will be calling first thing in the morning to find pricing. Hopefully it won't break the bank too bad

6. JDHIGGINS44

JDHIGGINS44 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Waynesburg, PA
    You can also check out wetlinekits.com

Great guy to deal with and phenomenal prices he really can be a one stop shop for a wet line rig up. Also has stated above definitely go with a Chelsea air shift PTO and direct mount hydraulic pump my personal opinion is Permco brand

Jamesnuzzo1 Thanks this.
  7. Jamesnuzzo1

Jan 28, 2017
    Would a single line wet kit designed for a dump be ok for running the units on the water trailers? The least expensive reputable equipment for a full kit I can find is off of the wetlinekits.com. 2250 shipped with a 50 gallon reservoir. Also not knowing these products would I need anything else that's not offered in the kits in the link below? I really appreciate the help guys
    http://www.wetlinekits.com/products-page/complete-wetline-kits/

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    No you need a 2 line system... 2nd line is to return oil while you are running pump .

A 1 line pumps oil to put dump up and returns oil thru same line when body comes down....

P.S. Before you buy anything.... you need to find out what kind of pumps you'll be running. The main issue is how many gallons per minute of Hyd oil will it take to run the pump efficiently...,,

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  9. Jamesnuzzo1

Jan 28, 2017
    Ok so I will need a system more designed for a walking floor that has a return line

10. Jamesnuzzo1

Jan 28, 2017
  11. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I'd stick eith a pump on the trailer. This is my third truck mounted , driveshaft driven pump and it takes me a minimum of 60' of hose to do anything, and the thing always leaks, is noisy, and I hate it lil

• Truckers Report Jobs