trainee falls asleep and kills himself and trainer Laredo,TX Summer 2010??

Discussion in 'PAM' started by BigDfromTX, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I really doubt they would haul a truck from El Paso to Laredo.

Besides, if it went over a cliff, it would have been destroyed and crushed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Well, they did haul the truck from El Paso to Laredo. We don't have a shop in El Paso, just a drop yard. I'm not sure how far the drop was, but the truck was in really bad shape. Half of it wasn't at the Laredo yard.

4. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Many a junk yard between.

Most likely a fire.

Just an opinion.

As a business owner, I could not see wasting the money. Nor could I see an insurance company doing it either.

5. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Not necessarily. An accident can occur anywhere and police don't have to be called on any that occur in private property or that doesn't involve another vehicle. I had an accident where I rolled over a boulder with my trailer tandems. I didn't have to report that to the authorities, but I did report it to the company.

And no, we never got a QC message about you or your unreported accidents that resulted in your termination. In my 3 years with PAM, I've never seen a QC message about a death of a co-worker involved in an accident. Hell, we had a shop tech who drowned in Florida that the company was pretty hush, hush about.

6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007

I suppose you will have to stop in and inquire about it. Might be good if you had the truck number.

I googled both areas and no truck over cliff or fires for trucks.

7. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I don't disagree with you on that, but I guess my company would rather handle things like that internally. We had a wrecked truck in our Louisville yard that was towed to our Effingham shop. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me either, but that's why I'm a driver and not sitting at some desk.

8. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007

With trucking companies, I have found them to be strange.

No idle of the trucks for driver comfort, but they will spend money like this with no problem.

Not saying PAM is one of them. They just amaze me in the industry.

9. slowride67

slowride67 Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Southington,CT
    I used to work for them back in 91 not very many nice things come to mind when I think of them. Beating me out of mileage,layover pay leaving me sitting for days without loads. Yea they suck....thinking out loud again oopps:biggrin_25511:

10. Johnnyr33

Johnnyr33 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I found the people in North Jackson to be pretty good to work with when I was there. John in safety was a stand up guy. Doug the TM could be an ####^&* at times.That's saying that it's still the same people, I'm going back quite a few years. That was all gravy work, I miss those dedicated runs to this day.Can't say the same about the money though.

11. BigDfromTX

BigDfromTX Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2010
    TX
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.