Trans Am as a company driver Good at first, turn Bad at end for me.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by johnnyblaze1009, Oct 6, 2012.

1. johnnyblaze1009

johnnyblaze1009 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2012
    That cool with your experience transam pete glad you doing well. Only thing I was emphasizing was the good & the bad for me. When I had my 2nd trip with trans am when I started with them they have me go to 3 different place till I finally got to the swap driver where he been the whole time. As a driver I don't think I can say, "That was me, that was my fault for going where the night driver manager to me to & he wasn't at the first, two spot but at the last one. My bad." I did some things that I take self blame for at Trans am but a situation like that is out of my hands. Let me tell you there a whole bunch of the situation, but what can you do just get it do. Long as I got my money I just :biggrin_2559: at situations, like that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Johnnyreb

Johnnyreb Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2011
    hertford, nc
    see I love how people who dont read a whole post decide to chime in. As far as signing a lease and expecting to go home all the time that was not the case. I stay out 2 months at a time before going home for 2 days then heading back out again. I have been doing this 13 years and know how to run a truck and make money. But when your not given the miles to run or you sit on an empty call for 56 hrs because they gave you a load and said they had something lined up to get you out there is nothing you can do about it when they give that load to another driver to get him home and your left stuck no matter how much you call and bug them to get you rolling. Loss utilization doesnt help that much with that. Also when you remind them two weeks and then a week before you are supposed to go home and yet they still forget, even tho you let them know 2 months in advance of your home time request. I dont see how thats really your fault either. It all depends on your driver manager and the yard you work for. I have heard good things about rockwall but nothing good comes out of olathe except craig on nights and weekends. But then again what do I know Im just a dumb truck driver I guess. still a rookie.,

4. Miss Sass

Miss Sass Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Very true. Too many variables to take into account when getting a lease at any company. Could end up in the poor house. I says no thanks to that..:biggrin_25513:

5. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    My wife and I are starting on 11-7
    Any tricks we should know?

6. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i will never saytransam is never at fault. They have there problems like any large carrier
    I have found a way to look past those problems and yet make a living
    for the experienced driver he should as well even if it means moving on before
    the system buries him
    We are all responsible for ourselvesbut none of us can do any better then what dispatch gives us to work with

AmandaTRUCKwife Thanks this.
  7. dirtroadchild

dirtroadchild Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2011
    memphis tn
    its transcam thats all they do is cheat drivers out of money and never get thet trk paid off they want to dang much money for them trks!!

8. johnnyblaze1009

johnnyblaze1009 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Naw there's no tricks. Unfortunately Trans Am is on e-logs but, with yall two that truck will never stop

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.