Trans Am Still

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Cranky Yankee, Jun 30, 2014.

1. HometimeQueen

HometimeQueen Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    You too, wulfman!

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    Thanks for the info HB on the Flying J in Indianapolis. I just got back from there and had a chance to talk to 2 Trans Am guys. They were swapping trailers. Very nice guys and shared their experience with TA. One said he bought the kook-aid and signed a 6 month lease and has been with the company for 13 years and hates the camera watching him all the time and is quitting very soon.

The other said he has been there for 3 years and don't like the camera but he deals with it and says its not too bad but wish he could get more hours. I watched them unhooking and hooking back up to each others trailer but did not get a chance to look inside their trucks as they were both busy and needed to go.

Watched a lot of trucks backing in their parking spots and actually watching it up close like that it seems like it is easier than i thought.

Also being up close to the trucks and trailers they seemed smaller than I expected , I thought they would seem bigger.

The 53 ft trailers don't seem near as long as they do on You Tube videos.

While I was standing there talking with those drivers a US Xpress was looking for a parking spot and turned too sharp and the trailer scraped all along the fender on a Boyd truck I think it was.

Also there was a lady going up to all the truck drivers windows and knocking , I guess she must be interested in becoming a trucker also.:biggrin_25523:

I know this would probably be a boring day for most of you but for me living in Korea and not being able to see any of this stuff it was really interesting. South Korea is the same size as the state of Indiana and they really don't drive many 18 wheelers and if they were at a rest area I wouldn't be able to communicate that we'll as my Hangul is not up to par and most of them don't speak English.

bigred81 and passport220 Thank this.
  4. HometimeQueen

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    We will be watching for the development of strong to severe thunderstorms after dark tonight across portions of southeast Kansas into western Missouri. This line of storms will slowly move southeastward during the night towards I-44 by very early Tuesday morning. Large hail and damaging wind gusts will be the main threats.

5. HometimeQueen

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    There are severe storm and tornado watches and warnings all over the map tonight....heads up for everyone to keep an eye on the weather in your area.

It sounds as if you had an interesting day, dennisroc. You even got a chance to observe a "truck stop angel" ! :biggrin_2559:

My day outside ended with .....you guessed it ....wild critters! I was out doing some maintenance on the pool and sent Number Two Daughter up to the barn. A few minutes later the dogs are barking and growling, then daughter comes flying down the driveway like her pants are on fire. She is screaming, "Grab the shotgun, Mom, it's chasing me!" A coyote had got into the barn ...she surprised him when she went up there.
    I should get some kind of tax subsidy for running a wildlife refuge!:biggrin_25510: .....I did not kill the coyote ......that would have required cleaning up the mess...:biggrin_25513:

I hope several loud bangs was enough for him to decide he can not live in my barn. My hair is getting more gray everyday.

6. HometimeQueen

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    Oh for goodness sakes! We are only on page two and already I have to start threatening you all with bad jokes and stories again to get the conversation going! You need to hope jaso finds us quick and saves you all from me!

jaso36 and dennisroc Thank this.
  7. jungHo

jungHo Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2014
    NC
    Well I can't share bout trucking, but...I can tell a yarn! My grandsons were scared in the room they chose to sleep in and, complete with about 8 stuffed animals, came in my room and climbed in bed with me! Wow! They've been tossing and turning, kicked me a few times, ended up across the bed & at the foot of the bed! And the night is still young! On a trucking note, though, George is in Maine at the Kittery TS. He's a pooped puppy. I heard from him very briefly when he got there. He sounded so tired, I told him to get a nap and haven't heard from him since (about 5 pm EST)!

HTQ, you guys should make movies or a sitcom from your wild animal incidents! Bet your daughter was terrified!!!!! :biggrin_25516:

HometimeQueen and dennisroc Thank this.
  8. HometimeQueen

May 7, 2012
    Missouri
    There are some road closings in Iowa because of flooding ....including sections of I 80. Here is the link to check before traveling that way -

http://hb.511ia.org/main.jsf

9. kf4omc

kf4omc Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    New thread new post. Sitting in Agusta Ga. No idea where I heading to next.

HometimeQueen Thanks this.
  10. passport220

passport220 Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Des Moines, IA
    I had to look it up, as I could not remember the exact form of a Haiku. I thought that may be what the Cranky Poet was going for.

I stopped for the night in Virginia, about four hours out from my shipper, going toward Texas. This load is meant to be a two stop load, first in Mississippi. However, looking at the BOL and what I saw loaded on my truck, I am now convinced I do not have the goods for the first stop on my trailer <sigh>

HometimeQueen Thanks this.
  11. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    that is it HTQ
    It just struck me
    maybe passport can bring Flash back a gf on his next trip

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.