Trans Am Trucking, Inc. - Olathe, Ks.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Werewolf, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    My bud still works at trans am and still avgs about 3k miles aweek most of the time when he gets less is the same reason i did when you go home you get the crap but once your out for a few weeks it starts to pick up
    Just got to watch where the loads going and know what to take and what to tell um to stick

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chew6229

chew6229 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    I'm in school currently........2nd day got a letter from Trans Am.

SAy's would would love to have you for orientataion.. every wed they say that do orient...... is this true ??

4. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Can't verify the day but believe that to be true. Know they do an orientation every week at both Olathe, Ks and Rockwall, Tx. You need to understand tho, that if you come here to TA, they will push the lease very, very hard!!! You will have to be strong and willing to stand up to them if you do not wish to lease.
    This company, along with others, are becomi9ng very famous about pushing their lease upon newcomers who have absolutely no idea what their doing or what the life of a trucker is all about. Their leases are double what you could get from a straight leasing outfit, if you had the credit rating.
    As a L/O, you had #### well better have some good business sense or they WILL break you and spit you out.
    As a company driver, its not that bad except for the lies and the fact that when they screw up, your expected to cover it, even if you have to sit on a load for no pay.
    They have some good trainers but for the most part, the training program is a joke. If you do decide to comke here, I will PM you my #, after your training period and try to help you out.

5. Davey

Davey Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Kittanning,PA
    I filled out an application for TA online earlier in the week. A recruiter called me and offered me a position as a lease operator. She said that was all they had to offer. I told her I was not interested in a lease. She said I could call her back if I had any questions. I am pretty sure I won't. I am currently testing the waters foro a loan. I have good credit but not enough collateral. I need a regionaql company near western PA that I can work for as a company driver and build up my collateral. I don't think a lease purchase will help me do that. Just my opinion but I do have 9 years of driving and have done the lease deal twice. That should count for something.

6. Canada Dry

Canada Dry Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Detroit Mi.
    My stepson start's orientation (Olathe KS) tomorrow, all I told him was not to lease or buy a truck. He want's to stay out for as long as possible,(or so he say's now, LOL) so we'll see how it goes for him.

7. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Well I wish him the best of luck and hope that all works out well.

8. twotrue

twotrue Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2010
    wilmington nc
    i was in the program over 2yrs and i can tell you its a scam
    they do try to starve you out if you complain they do get paid detention that you dont receive and if you tick the wrong person off they will just terminate your contract and keep your money..i cant tell you how many good drivers ive seen loose their home and or families trying to complete a lease on a truck that is so over priced in the end wasnt worth leaesing in the first place

9. twotrue

twotrue Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2010
    wilmington nc
    who paid you to say they are trying to help you, i was at trans sm for 4yrs total,2 as a lease driver, and can tell you for a fact they care nothing about you, all they care about is you making that payment

10. wngnutmv

wngnutmv Bobtail Member

May 11, 2009
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Not that it matters now, but I leased, followed fuel instructions and routing, was always early, no damage claims, no accidents, no tickets, didn't ask to go home until I was threatened with eviction cause I wasn't getting enough miles to actually receive a paycheck. Truck made money, but I didn't. Sucks too, because I truly enjoyed the lifestyle. Wrong company, wrong time. And for the guy who said to be careful which loads to accept and which ones to tell them to stick, do that once and see where your miles go.:biggrin_25511:

pinballwizard Thanks this.
  11. disgusted66

disgusted66 Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2010
    trans am will keep you in the red, no miles, no money. they are nothing but trouble. nothing but lies. they force you to lease a truck but only give you enough miles to pay for the lease. after a few months, I resigned. they sneaked into the location of the truck and took it back. they then told me that it was at an undisclosed location. i argued with them because it was my responsibility to return it. they would not let me reeturn it. week after week i went with no pay. they refuse to give you a print out of the deductions. they give you a run then take it away in the middle of the run. they keep you sitting around for hours and days to drop off. its awful!~!! they are a lousy company. they will ruin you. stay away from them. they are a bunch of liars who will trick you. do not believe their smiles. you will get stuffed. trust me. any one who has something nice to say about them must be an employee planted on the system. STAY AWAY!!:biggrin_25513::biggrin_25516::biggrin_25510:

pinballwizard Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.