Trans-Am trucking.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Flash Gordon 2009, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    msh800x, gotta apologize to you, meant to get the handbook while at the truck and give you the pay scale but forgot to do so. Can call the recruiters and ask. Remember tho, that what ever rate they quote you, 10 cents of that is going to be per diem. No fold out desk, in my truck at least, and haven't seen them in others. Do have the oversize twin bed, which is nice. Be prepared to be micromanaged if you come back here. Gotta get approvals for everything anymore. Even have a form for when you put fuel in the reefer. 3 things that are really driving me up a wall with this company concern reefer fuel and the automated response for it. 1) if you pick up a tlr and its low on fuel and its a dry load, you can't fill it up. Sorry, but I'm one of the old style that tries to leave a tlr in better shape than what I got it and that includes dropping it off full. 2) If you are under a temp load, they expect the reefer 2b filled up every time you fuel your truck. Now you and I both know that ain't needed but if you don't, you'll get a "your a bad boy" msg and to contact your DM. I ignore that msg just like 3) which is you have to fill out a form everytime you get reefer and say its full. I ignore that 1 also. If this company is so badly run that they can't figure out its full when I got fuel, I dang sure don't want to have to admit it!!!! lol
    APU's run well if they've been properly maintained. They have a great program for their trucks BUT not so good for the APU's. In 15 months, I've been to the shop 7 or 8 times for the APU. 1st 4 had to do with the A/C and with it not cooling down the sleeping area. Hint-if you can't feel the fan blowing while sitting in the drivers seat, get the return air filter replaced. Not even the 1st TK shop I took it 2 caught that. I could go on but you get the point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirt

dirt Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    kingsport,tn
    im sure they will want you to lease if you come back, last i heard they were not hiring expierenced company drivers.

4. pinballwizard

pinballwizard Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    s.w.georgia
    actually, dirt, thats not true. however, they'll still hafta do the three week thing

5. dirt

dirt Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    kingsport,tn
    If they are expiereinced then there is only orientation. the three week thing is for recent school graduates, who do have the option of company or lease.
    If you have never drove a truck before, do not lease a truck from any comapany, you dont know if this is even the right career path for you until you have been out on the road awhile.

6. keiffer

keiffer Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Shinglehouse, PA
    does T\A allow pets on their trucks

7. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    As a company drvr, the answer is no. If you want to go L/O, a $2500 deposit is required b4 pet allowed in trk.

8. theinterlect

theinterlect Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2010
    americus ga
    There are limited questions that can be asked. Ive been told that the biggest question asked is ( will you hire the person again ) . They can't ask detailed questions nor respond in such. It's probably something they put in your d.a.c. And if it is there is service that allows you to veiw your dac twice a year for free. If there is something negative in it you can dispute it . Ive been told that its like a credit report, if you dispute something negetive it's taken off untill it is proven. Hope this help . And you would have to research the dac service that do that

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  9. red_house

red_house Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Have 3 weeks left in cdl school and need to go to work immediately afterward.

Can anyone tell how many miles can be realistically expected with transam? I understand they have auto trans and apu's with inverters.

Don't mind staying out 3 weeks, but will not be miserable while doing it, so the auto, apu, inverter are requirements for me.

That leaves milage. If I can get enough miles to scratch by for 6 months to a year, I will go with transam, so how are the miles now?

Any other companies that offer auto trans, apu's with decent miles?

Thanks for any replies and advise ...........

10. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Red House, you'll have to go somewhere else or start another thread to find out about other companies.
    As for your mileage question with TA. Geeze, there are so many variables involved. Dispatcher-good or bad, time of the year, location, etc. Your miles will probably start out in the 1800 to 2000 a week range till you've proved that you can do the job. Even after that, it can vary widely. I've had as little as 2200 and as much as 3600 in a week. I'd say 2500 to 2700 is about what you can normally expect.
    Right now, I'm busting my ### and am probably getting over 3000. Am getting rdy to start my 2nd reset in 3 weeks. Haven't sat down and added the miles up tho.

red_house Thanks this.
  11. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    BTW, for anybody thinking about coming to TA. This is the mantra that you MUST KEEP saying to yourself. I WILL NOT BE TALKED INTO LEASING, I WILL NOT BE TALKED INTO LEASING, I WILL NOT BE TALKED INTO LEASING!!!!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.