TransAm Trucking, Inc. - Olathe, Ks.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by tjgosurf, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Well, I have to admit that I'm a smart ### and can have a temper. I've sent some really fiery QC msg's in and have been so pissed that I was even cussing on it and just didn't care. Still, I have a kick ### DM and he keeps me running and preplanned also.
    Most of the drivers complaining about miles will be the L/O's. Don't understand the companies thinking there but company drivers are running their butts off!!!

Harmony, PA sure sounds familiar and am sure I have been there b4. Picking up or delievering?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Duh!!! Thats where I was at when my APU broke down. Be prepared for a wait while they unload you. Think it took 5 hrs from the time I hit the dock to the time I got the paperwork.

4. NegativePositive

NegativePositive Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas
    Yea they sure took their sweet time unloading me. I hit the dock at around 5:30 and left their lot after 10. Wasn't all bad though, ran across 3 other TransAm drivers in the lot waiting. We broke out a BBQ grill and had some burgers. Grabbed a Colgate load in IA and am taking it to OH. Then I'll either get another short run, or they'll just send me home a day early. My APU kinda works, I'm debating on having the Olathe yard look at it over sometime, or waiting till I'm back out and hitting a Thermo King. Well I'm off, gunna take a shower then deliver this. Drive safe!

-+

BluesTech Thanks this.
  5. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    My recommendation would be to hit a TK and get the work done there. Still hit and miss but for the most part, you'll get quality work done there and less of a wait.

Jackazze's took me off my load going home and am now getting rdy to do my 2nd swap. Not going to make it home OT and am not happy about it. Am in NC at the moment, supposed to be home on Thur. and I suspect it will be Sat. b4 I get there with the hrs I've got. A very unhappy camper at the moment!!!!!

BluesTech Thanks this.
  6. bigo1969

bigo1969 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2007
    florida
    Seem's to be alot that going on with the shortage of driver's at T/A.

7. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Think they wonder why the shortage? :biggrin_2555::biggrin_25523:

8. chralb

chralb Road Train Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Where the truck is
    Shortage? Would they be hiring? Do they hire out of the PA, NJ area? How do they like and treat recent grads?

9. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    They hire out of just about anywhere. Like? You'll just be another number to them. DON't let them talk you into leasing!!!! Unless you have experience, you'll get the shaft and they don't use lube either!!!!!!
    Company driver ain't that bad.

BluesTech Thanks this.
  10. NegativePositive

NegativePositive Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas
    Whelp, been sitting at this meat house for 39 1/2 hours now, the drop dead pickup time was 2 hours ago and according to the guy at the loading house they are closed and computers down for the next two hours, prob won't be loaded for another 3 to 4 hours. So I'm late on my hometime now as well Panhandle. Oh and my QualComm is now turning completely off every 45 seconds or so lol. Not impressed ATM.

-+

11. bigo1969

bigo1969 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2007
    florida
    Well as of today, they're 1 driver short, me. Came home and found a local gig.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.