TransAm Trucking, Inc. - Olathe, Ks.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by tjgosurf, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Driver, before you stick your foot in mouth again, try rereading ALL the TA posts. You'll find that not only do I drive for TA, I have been for over 2 years now!!!! Why am I hanging on here with all their BS? Trying to hit that magic 3 yrs and move on to the company I want!!!!!!

danny_379 and DeNoZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. treyzguy

treyzguy Light Load Member

May 11, 2011
    Texarkana, Ar
    Amen. I am cruising the TA thread checking to see if we would be a good fit. I currently drive for FFE. I drove for 10+ years late 80's mid nineties and sporadically since. I could find no one to validate my experience, so I had to start all over at their new Academy just outside of Dallas. Not FFE's rule, insurance companies. It was a brutal boot camp. Being new, there is a few administrative bugs, but you learn a great deal in 16 days. You stay on site, and school there. Get CDL, 2 days orientation, 6 weeks with trainer (no early turnout), then upgraded to a truck. I agree with the sentiment of speed. Our trucks are set at 63 mph, the opti idle is a pain. But, at least it's not an automatic. Don't trust 'em.
    But like you said, its work habits, talk to happy drivers, and remeber that this is not the job for everyone. Thats why these threads help.

4. DeNoZ

DeNoZ Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Hendersonville, NC
    Well NegativePositive, in hopes that you are not displaying your pedanticism...and perhaps you are not even a pedantic, why bash jessejames for his "opinion" in the first place. The guy likes what he does. He likes the company he drives for. Good for him!!! In times like these with so many looking for even a single job that pays "something", I'm grateful to hear that someone is happy where they are and likes what they are doing. Your quote to him "you're a troll or just stupid." Really? You just said that? WOW!!! I am sure that you don't expect me to take you seriously after a comment like that. Regardless of his lack of spelling talent or his use of grammar, at least he is happy which, from what I just read in your post....you are not. Sorry to hear it. OBTW... two more things: 1. I don't drive for anyone yet but will soon. I hope I find what I'm looking for just like jessejames has. And, 2. take six minutes and thirty four seconds to watch this...it's worth it. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7E-aoXLZGY[/ame]

moonshadow Thanks this.
  5. jessejames405

jessejames405 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Well driver, Im not going to be formal about spelling in this forum post. Its not needed, 1 is guys like you are just neg, 2 going from company to company looks bad on your dac report, 3 is this forum is just like the CB nothing but bad mouthing. I wont be on here any more, I have better things to do with my breaks. God Bless

6. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Well its time for me to move on. Have spent enough time with a company that dictates and questions your every move. Am I making the right choice? Don't know. Just know that I am tired of being mad or disgusted or disappointed, 24/7 with this company.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  7. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Where are you headed?

8. justin8842

justin8842 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Waterloo iowa
    is trans am a company that is like stevens and wont hire people who got fired from a job before

9. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Will have to call and ask a recruiter bout that one. Sorry

YEA!!!! On my last load for TA!!!

ironpony and wulfman75 Thank this.
  10. SUPAKING25

SUPAKING25 Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Athens, Ga
    Do trans am qualcom have a gps on it ?

11. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Yes and on the tlr also. Trk is pinged every hr or so and tlr communicates every 5 mics or so. Still running paper logs tho.

SUPAKING25 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.