TransAm Trucking, Inc. - Olathe, Ks.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by tjgosurf, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Panhandle,
    thanks for the info, btw where is Rockwall? And as far as lease goes no way, not ready for that bath. One more thing do they reinburse for the bus, I looked yesterday and the plane out of Richmond Va to Olathe is cheaper than the bus go figure? If hired, I'll stay in touch regarding the training or other issues.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Rockwall is in TX. You'll have to ask the recruiter about reimbursement.
    Well off for another night run.

4. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Sorry to hear about that. Just reinforces what I said about being a very small cog. Would have thought they would have treated a fleet owner better, but guess not.
    Johnny has pretty much retired and left the bean counters in charge. Here this company used to be good to work for . My how times change.

5. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Was asked about the training at TA. OTR with your trainer. You should be taught TA policies, how to use the QC, and comdata cards. Backing practice and proper driving techniques. Also map reading and a few other things. You'll also be given a packet with some videos to watch and questions to answer from the videos. Will also be given a number of trips and I think the directions and you have to figure out how many miles on each segment.
    Once your finished with your trainer and brought back to a yard, you'll have some more classroom. That will consist of logs, more map reading, policies, and the backing range.
    Sure I've missed some stuff but thats the majority of it anyway.

6. Mattaponi Guard

Mattaponi Guard Medium Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Texas
    Panhandle thanks for the info, I know it sounds to some that they are the worse, and when it comes to the lease they may be, but for a starter company it appears that they are a few notches up from the bottom? Regarding miles, I know you said 2K initially and more if you can do the job, so are the miles rather consistent, and do you get home when requested?
    Much obliged.

7. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Dec. and Jan can suck on the miles but in my experience, the rest of the time is fairly constant. I've been running 2900 to 3100 a week for several months now. Average.
    96% of the time, they get you home when requested.

8. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    How much will I have to pay for training?

9. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Well, if your talking about getting a CDL, nothing since as far as I know, they don't do that here. They will hire you once you've got it tho and pay you $50 a day training pay.

10. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I already have my CDL. I got it though a local school in MA. So in this case, I don't have to pay them anything? Also, how long will it take to complete training before I go out by myself?

11. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Between orientation, going out with the trainer, and the testing out you'll do when you came back in, figure 4 1/2 to 5 weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.