Transam trucking-no good

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Redwings, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Whew!!!!! Had to go back and reread your msg. Thought you said their training was good, at first. lol I agree tho that the training sux big time. Most everything I've learned, I learned on my own or by not being afraid to go up to an ole timer and respectfully ask for his help. Most have been grateful that they were asked and willingly helped me out. I'm NOT an old timer (cept by TA standards) but try to help out when I can.

mgt1085 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danny309

danny309 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2008
    US
    Hey,steady how long you been leasing with TA. I was there from 08 to 11.
    Thinking of going back what kind of fuel mileage are you getting,I had an 09, I could get 7 at 63 in that. Are they gone to the electronic logs yet? Also how fast are you running and what mpg are you getting?

4. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    I'm not steady but..... no elogs yet tho they've put in or are in the process of putting in new QC's that I think has that capability. As a comapny drvr, I'm averaging in the hi 6's.

5. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.
    A question for any that feel like answering... Do they hire in the Tampa area and what are the hometime policies for company drivers... that is if they are still hiring for company drivers...

6. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Can't answer bout the hiring area but HT is the industry standard. 1 day off for every 7 out.

jlind Thanks this.
  7. danny309

danny309 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2008
    US
    How is that T700 thing working out at TA. I hear a lot of them are having problems.

8. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Can't answer that as I have no 1st hand knowledge. Wouldn't be surprised tho since they are new. Gotta get them bugs worked out.

Just when I thought I had heard or experienced every stupid thing TA could do....... another springs up. Picked up a tlr that I maxed out at 80100 with 5/8's in the tank. Try as might to get fuel sol changed, still had to fill up at the same spot, but instead of a fill, could only get 30 gals.

Senior staffs blind devotion to computer programs and inability of allowing ANY employees to use commen sense just blows me away. :biggrin_25511::biggrin_25512::biggrin_25516:

9. danny309

danny309 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2008
    US
    not sure i under stand

10. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Load info contains 3 different pieces of info. Where your picking up and going to, routing sol, and fuel sol. All these are done by computer. Anything out of whack, computer can't handle it. Drivers and DM's, not allowed to use commen sense to solve problems. Does that make it a little clearer? If not, let me know where your confused.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  11. Steady as He Goes

Steady as He Goes Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Paola, KS
    The fuel and route solutions that company drivers are required to follow were a large part of my decision to lease. I have been much happier as a lease driver. That was't always the case tho. As I stated before, you get the basics there. They simply dont have time in the training process to adequately prepare you to be profitable as a new lease operator. My first lease truck was a KW T660 with a PACCAR engine. I'm not saying that its a bad engine, but the one I got achieved 6mpg and spent more time in the shop then making money. I leased it with 87 miles on it and drove it 3 months and 33,000 miles. I traded it in for a Cat powered T660 and have been very profitable since. The T700 has the PACCAR power plant. I'm not saying tat it's a bad engine, just that I am once bitten twice shy. Maybe in a few years they will get the bugs worked out and I'll try again. It's a beautiful truck with great amount of space inside. No e-log yet, but I already have the new on-board computer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.