TransAm Trucking On my way ...

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by calalan07, Oct 26, 2010.

1. rooster4861

rooster4861 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2010
    new london ct
    Same here!
    At first I wud deadhead low miles,
    Got sent to denver quite a bit.
    They would deadhead me up to wyoming to be loaded.
    After awhile?,
    They would deadhead me from denver to kansas! To pickup a reefed load.
    Almost five hundred miles!
    And no fuel surcharge for those mty miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Tucson Arizona
    Company did it again to a new driver? how do they sleep at night!

4. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Cause they just don't care maybe? The almighty dollar drives all there at TA. They presently have well over a 100 mty trks sitting in Olathe, as of today, but of course, they can do no wrong.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  5. bikermike

bikermike Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I know my driver manager didnt care about his drivers. My deda head mile average about 300 a trip. I praticed there "hurry up and wait" motto and it worked. I would hurrry up and get my load where I needed to with out going over 60 MPH then they would make me wait to get another load. I had all my loads delivered a day early even at Lowes. I updated my ETA every day like I was told to but my DM didnt pay attition to it. The finale straw was when I dropped a beer load a day early as I said I would and while getting unloaded I requested my next load info and they didnt have one waiting so I went to off duty. I was finally sent the info after my 14 hours was up so I was stuck untill I finished showing my 10 hour break and that was going to leave me just about 15 minutes of a window to show up at Coke driving at 60 (I wouldnt drive over 62 because of the fuel) But when I went to get fuel that night Where I was TOLD to by the fuel sulation I was allowed to fuel up but when I went in for the receipt there was a computer error and my com data card was rejected. I had to call it it to get it fixed and night dispach let me sit there while they took there lunch (they even told me that! ) and then they kept on ######## at me when I said I wouldnt make my pick up on time. They said I would make it if I just drove at 70.

6. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Thats one thing I AM glad of. Got a good dispatcher and seem to have a good crew of planners. Only complaint I have about them, most of the time, is that they will limp me along, bumping against that 70, till I get to a stinking meat plant to do a 34 in.
    Thinking about buying a house in Dodge since I'm here so much. lol

7. angelochris7

angelochris7 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2009
    springboro,oh
    Merry Christmas transam drivers

8. htt138

htt138 Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Can any one tell me if you can get home after training or do you need to get out OTR for a couple weeks first
    and is it true do new drivers have to wait for a truck I start with them on the 19th

9. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Have to be assigned a trk 1st before you can put in for HT. Have to put it in 8 days before. Had a butt load of mty trks last time I was in the yard so shouldn't be any waiting.
    DO NOT LEASE!!!!!! DO NOT LEASE!!!!!! DO NOT LEASE!!!!!!!

10. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    They can let them sit, because they have been paid for several times over by people stupid enough to fall for a Lease Purchase.

Panhandle flash Thanks this.
  11. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City

Haven't heard from you in awhile. How's things going?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.