TransAm Trucking On my way ...

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by calalan07, Oct 26, 2010.

1. robbiecox6

robbiecox6 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2007
    Greenville, NC
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    No clutch.....period. You can shift into manual mode tho and use the buttons to up and down shift. Am sure most of TA's drivers haven't read this, but that mode is recommended in mountainous terrain.

wulfman75 Thanks this.
  4. calalan07

calalan07 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Philadelphia Pa
    Hey sry I haven't been in here u did my 3days orientation and I've been with my coach aka trainer for 3 days he is cool I've done 30+ hours of driving I haven't to get use to sleeping at differnt times and night driving other than that I really like it

MackDaddyMark and wulfman75 Thank this.
  5. lydialonghaul

lydialonghaul Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Glen Allen, VA

Hey calalan07, how is the training with TA going? Are you learning stuff?? Running teams already?? :biggrin_255:

6. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    How are things looking there at TA? Hoping i get to start there this month. Just waiting on one last past employer to verify my employment. Do you guys get down to florida on a regular basis?

7. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    I've been with this company 2+ years now, and think I've been to Fl a total of 6 or 7 times. They do have loads down there but think they try to save as many of them, as they can, for the drvrs who live there. DON'T LEASE!!!!!! DON'T LEASE!!!! LET ME REPEAT ONE MORE TIME.....dON'T LEASE!!!!!!!

8. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I agree. I was a O/O several years ago. Company driver is fine for me. That is good to hear since i live in Tampa. I know from experience things are slow this time of year. How are miles going for you? Do you see NYC? Any CA?

9. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Got bad news for you bigcat, if you come to TA and have experience, they will NOT let you be a company driver. You will have to go L/O. The experienced ones, that have a good DM, and stay on top of things, are making money....mostly. Its the newbies, that get the stars in their eyes, that are getting in trouble. Miles should be pretty good about now. I'm averaging pretty close to 3k a week right now. Course, TA has over 100+ mty trks right now from people quitting them in droves. To bad, they won't bother to look at the reasons why.

10. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I know when i talked to the recuriter she said if there were any MT company trucks at the time my application as approved, she would get me into one, if not i could only lease. The way it sounds on here, that is a very bad way to go with them.

11. Panhandle flash

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    She's a recruiter and am pretty sure she lied. Who knows tho, they may be so desparate, with all their mty trks, that they might let you go company. Might but......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.