TransAm Trucking Pushed me to do illegal driving

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Btobrien125, Apr 1, 2020.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

What do your prospective employers have to say about your criminal record? Does the fact that you have to register with law enforcement seem to turn them off?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Frank ain't admittin' to anything. When you're immortal, "Life In Prison" takes on a whole new dimension.

4. Irishfan

Irishfan Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2020
    What is your point? Would I be the first with a legal issue that draws the ire of others to pursue a trucking job? No. And, not all of the companies have an issue with the record. It is the combination of criminal background and accidents that is making it so difficult. Unfortunately, I had a no-fault accident my first week of CDL school. Were it not for that, I would already have a job. Now, you are a staff member, but it really feels like you are trolling me. I had already stated the parameters of why I was not having success in being hired, but you decided to shift the narrative. Why? I don't care what you think. I am really curious as to why you have taken such an interest in me. I mean, you decided to follow me and everything.

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    In another thread you stated that you had a felony conviction that required "registration".
    The only felony convictions I'm aware of that require registry are sex offenses.
    My point was, and still is, if you're a convicted sex offender a lot of companies will not hire you. If your offenses were with children the only person who will hire you is an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel sleaze-ball who probably has the same problems you do.
    Now, I'm just reacting to what you've written. If it turns out that I'm wrong I'll be the first to apologize and make amends.
    But if you walked into my office today looking for a job with the record you apparently have you wouldn't even be there long enough to get comfortable.

6. Irishfan

Jul 11, 2020
    I am not going into the specifics of my background because you are not hiring, so it is absolutely pointless here. Your social intimidation does not faze me. I have at least three companies that have told me that once I have at least 6 months of experience (one of them 3) that I will be hireable. TransAm is willing to give me a shot. Is that a preferable start? No, but it gets my foot in the door of the industry. I have also known guys with much worse backgrounds than mine who have gotten jobs as truckers and made careers of it. Does that bother you? Whether it does or doesn't affects me not one iota. So, here you are as a staff member on this forum who has taken a special interest in me to follow me and it quite apparent that it is for no other purpose than to express your displeasure that I would pursue a career in the trucking industry. How could I possibly matter that much? Unless you actually have something to add pertaining to the questions I have asked, please do not respond with negativity. Let me clarify, if all you are going to voice is criticism, please spare your time for something more constructive. I am interested in hearing feedback from people who may have info on job leads and things of the like. Those are the specifics of my questions. Anything else and you are trolling me. Please stop.

7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @Irishfan
    Carolina Cargo, Inc.
    2310 Crowder Road
    Rock Hill, SC 29730
    1-803-385-7585

Carolina Cargo, at least in the past, has been known to hire convicted felons who have served their time. It's worth a try.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

8. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    @REO6205
    HOPEFULLY, there are NO absolute bottom-of-the-barrel sleaze balls in a position to hire anybody for any job whatsoever.

9. Irishfan

Jul 11, 2020
    I did apply to Carolina Cargo. My application was declined without receiving a call or any form of contact. It could be either because they are not hiring recent grads right now due to COVID-19 or they are not hiring out of my area.

10. born&raisedintheusa

Sep 20, 2012
    Give Carolina Cargo another call and ask if they would reconsider, if you were willing to move to South Carolina, including changing your current CDL to a South Carolina CDL.

11. Irishfan

Jul 11, 2020
    I would not be willing to relocate. Where I live between Dallas and Ft. Worth, Texas there are tons of trucking companies and a bunch more that hire out of this area, even if not located here. I have several applications in the works right now, so I feel confident that one way or another, someone will decide to give me a shot. If I can get in the ear of a decision-maker, I can get hired. I have proven to myself in the past that I interview very well and have a knack for giving those in authority a reason to like me. Once you have that person liking you, it's just a matter of being even somewhat qualified. I have been hired in the past for jobs where I was not totally qualified, but I had enough experience for the decision-maker to decide that it was sufficient. I sold myself as far as my personality so that any deficiencies in experience were negated. As far as getting hired by a trucking company, if they hire recent graduates, I have the experience that is my CDL. On top of that, I can sell the fact that I have worked in warehousing as a loader/unloader. Finally, I add to that my likeable personality and my team-player attitude. I am in if I can get in the ear of a decision-maker. When I got out of prison in 2013, it took me over a year to get that first job. I fought like hell, until the first company said yes. That is when I learned that in the job hunt game, it is nice to have to choose one from among many. But, all a person needs is one. I will push through all of those "No"s to get to my yes. Eventually my chance will come. I have no quit. I don't know how to quit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.