Transcraft eagle super beam

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by henboy1, May 19, 2018.

1. henboy1

henboy1 Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge
    This is a 1995 flatbed trailer . I am having a hard time releasing the brakes . It needs a full 120psi on the secondary ( secondar gauge ) to release the brakes ( for the tires to start rolling) . Sometimes at 120, it still drags for a while after the in dash valve is pushed . I am thinking the brake release valve is bad . Does anyone know the location and what it looks like? . There about 2 or 3 valves under that trailer .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    The first thing I'd check is to make sure there's not a inline filter plugged up on the emergency side supply going to the tank/valve on the trailer. Some trailers have them, some don't.

Trace the the lines on the brake chamber thats on the fitting closest to the rear section (spring brake side) of the brake chamber back to the full function valve or spring brake valve on or near the air tank of the trailer. That's the valve you're wanting to know about.

Being it's a 95, it most likely doesn't have ABS unless it's been retrofitted. The none ABS valves are super exspensive compared to the Wabco or bendix ABS valves.

Good luck

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Ruthless Thanks this.
  4. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Also, theres so many different setups that have been used over the years, it could be any number or combination of valve.

Here's a common one you see on older trailers

This is a Bendix
    Bendix-SR-2-Spring-Brake-Valve-1.jpg.cf.jpg page_14.jpg.cf.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    CharlieK, Ruthless and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  5. henboy1

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge
    This is what I have . 1 on each tank .

Attached Files:

6. henboy1

Mar 26, 2011
    stockbridge

Attached Files:

7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Has it always been operating this way or is this a new action. We had a number of transcraft trailers, early 2000’s that had a delay set in the brake release, you had to wait like a minute for the spring brake to release. Company had about 40 of them, all had this setup. Not sure what it was supposed to do, maybe ensure the air tanks were at full pressure before it would move?

8. High Seas

High Seas Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Middle, GA
    If you trailer dumps the bags when the parking brake is set , there will be a delay before the brakes release because the bags are filling as well as the brakes releasing.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  9. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Actually, with the trailers my company has the brakes will release right away and you have to pay attention that you don't tak off with a winch sitting on a tire before the bags air up.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.