Transgender friendly company?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by britlyn87, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britlyn87

britlyn87 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4366216]Britlyn, there's something I don't understand. Without going into too much detail, same thing, why would a customer care? I don't mean to be rude, but are you doing something that would be obviously offending to someone, or just standing behind your trailer waiting to be unloaded (if they let you on the dock, that is). I mean, unless there's something you aren't telling us, I can't ever remember being in a situation where a customer cared WHO delivered the goods, as long as they got it. Your turn,,,,[/QUOTE]

It is because i attract alot of attention, I swear when i pull in guy's have to come over to me and then get pissed of when they find out that i am trans. The company i am working for is trying to take a whole account and it has been working great but they want no bumps in the road as it is a multi-million dollar contract. I will post a picture and tell me if you see anything wrong with the way i look or why this is happening to me.
    IMG_20140306_153724520.jpg

"semi" retired Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stew209

Stew209 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Honestly you look like a dude. Trannys make people uncomfortable. Look at it from the customer's angle.

4. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    I think we can broaden that some...lol

No offence intended Brit, I can see it myself. In all honesty though, if you hadn't mentioned it outright I might not have noticed it unless I was really looking.

Hrm... If you're thinking of relocating, it seems kind of counterintuitive knowing the south, but there are some lgbt communities. Asheville, North Carolina comes to mind. (And if you enjoy the arts/history, plenty of that there too.)

Its kind of bassackwards, but if guys approach you at all its a compliment. At least I'd take it as one.

And as for pay, as another forum member so kindly pointed out, I'm new. That by default means I'll make less than you would since you have experience. I'm also in the southeast, the cost of living here is pretty cheap when compared to other places. So yeah, it doesn't look like much but you could easily support yourself here on 500$/week post-taxes depending upon where you live.

Edit:
    Sorry, I just noticed the error in a previous post.... I make just shy of 1k a WEEK pre-taxes... I make my money unloading the truck.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  5. Skydivedavec

Skydivedavec Medium Load Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Mid-Atlantic
    I don't know guys. I'm not seeing what you are seeing that makes you say that's a dude. Are you sure you aren't saying this just because you know the real story? Looks like a chick to me. And if guys are approaching her when in person there must be something that interests them.
    To the OP I hope you find a company that is the perfect fit. The world can be a cruel place to those who choose not to fit the mainstream norm. My hat's off to ya. Live for yourself first and the heck with what others think. Good luck and keep on trucking.

Marksteven, "semi" retired and Vilhiem Thank this.
  6. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Like I said, if she hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't have guessed.

Hrm...this coming from the aforementioned family member with the same (she's leaning over my shoulder wondering why I'm focused on the keyboard.), "Tell her to invest in a scarf. Even in the hotter months they have lightweight ones that keep the sweat off you, cool you off and cover up the biggest difference."

(Thanks mods!)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  7. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Keep it on topic, please. If you can't help with the OP's question, skip the thread.

Lonesome, Vilhiem, MACK E-6 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Stew209

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Well its very easy to tell. 1. adam's apple 2. the wig(hair) doesn't look right, as in you can tell it is fake 3. The man face.

I know you are trying to be nice but if you can't tell that's a man then you need to get your eyes checked.

ramblingman Thanks this.
  9. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx

Thank you Mr. Moderator lol, and for those that see a guy, get off the road for a few and take a break. Maybe looks like a chick that needs a slight nose job

Shaggy and Skydivedavec Thank this.
  10. Stew209

Mar 28, 2014
    Out in the Sticks
    Slight nose job....hehehehe!!! No offense to the OP but that nose is ##### ginormous. And I am off the road taking my 10 and on my laptop so I can see the picture just fine.

11. generallee

generallee Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    He looks like a dude cuz he is one. He was born one and he will die one. I would suspect the reason he draws attention not necessarily good for business from a customer's standpoint or his employer's is the reason he is here...he wants to. And quite frankly, it's their right if his lifestyle is disruptive to their business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.