Transition Out of Trucking...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by RubberDuckie, Jan 5, 2017.

1. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    All sorts of different trucking out there once the experience is added up. Milk hauling wears you down, but there's plenty of other tanker gigs that are daycab, pay really well, and have you home at a reasonable time every day. But just like all other jobs, if it isn't available where you're at, time to pack the duffel and move!!

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's slow. Ive been in East Anglica and London, nothing less than say 80 mph us speeds back in the 80's for a small pickup or train intercity. Makes our Amtrack service look third world.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Amtrack is about to close the doors again. One problem is there's no seamless way to make the next leg of your journey after getting to an Amtrack stop.
    China solved that problem. For example, you get off the train, then catch a taxi or rental bicycle to the subway station or bus station/bus stop, then when you depart that mode of transportation, hop on another rental bicycle to the taxi stand or bus stop then another bicycle to your house/condo.
    The rental bicycles are accessible thru a phone app which unlocks the bicycle and keeps track of how long you used it. When you're through with it just leave it anywhere you want. The next customer can find it with their phone app which tracks it through a satellite and the process starts over again. There's millions of those bicycles all over the country.
    If you have the phone app there's also small electric cars and electric scooters to use.
    It's an amazing experience to watch all this as it's happening.

x1Heavy and Dharok Thank this.
  5. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    get a cdl b job?

6. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    America touts as being a great place to live (which it is) but we really are behind in a lot of ways compared to the rest of the world. When it comes to transportation and infrastructure.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Dan.S, M T and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Any reefer companies such as Carrier? Maybe check some trucking companies and talk to the mechanics there.

ChaoSS and bentstrider83 Thank this.
  8. Masshole/Noobie

Masshole/Noobie Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I just started and already think I hate it.
    I'm not a pessimist or an optimist.
    I'm a realist.
    The reality is that trucking sucks donkey dicks.

9. Masshole/Noobie

Masshole/Noobie Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Most drivers starting out make $1000 weekly. I'd be happy with half that in exchange for a life again.
    Money is not everything!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.