Traumatic Brain Injury and DOT Physical to get hired?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Db-Ky, Jan 7, 2019.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Never volunteer answers.

Specially these days where sleep apnea is beat around the bush. Pay very close attention to those questions.

Chinatown, Cam Roberts and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Don't take this personal, it isn't but I would rather not see you drive a truck.

I am a caregiver for someone who has a TBI, and can tell you that there is always a risk of a seizure. If you get into an accident and someone gets killed, even if there isn't a problem caused by your TBI, your medical records will be pulled and examined and this issue will come up and you will lose in court because of it, almost guarantee that.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Db-Ky

Db-Ky Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Kentucky
    Not too worried about it.I drove from 2003-2008 accident free never had any problems..If they looked at my medical records then they would have found it,but its been 25 years if something was gonna happen it would have happend by now..

5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Pro Tip. Don’t mention it.

I was hit with an injury that required a Doctors release to return to work. I was out of trucking for about 5 years, wanted to come back. Doctor refused to sign a release. Claiming I was permanently disabled.

I’ve been driving again for over 15 years. Zero accidents/incidents, a steady and reliable performance record.

I deal with chronic pain every day. Without meds. Aspirin or Advil takes the edge off if needed. And I go to my personal doctor for steroid shots about twice a year.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. DenBob

DenBob Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2018

Don't tell them. Simple.
    If you like to be truthful, you have plenty of other opportunities to do so.

7. RedMan50

RedMan50 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2019

8. RedMan50

RedMan50 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Ridgeland is correct. If you ever get in an accident, your fault or not. You cannot prove your injury didn't cause it. But it can be proved you need a Neuro release to pass a physical. You are putting everything you own on the line.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Seizures in a semi truck would turn that thing into what I call a murdering ram. Take out 30 cars and keep plowing.

You cannot take that chance ever. Stay out of it. I know i posted earlier about information, but ultimately if that is a risk or existing history of... don't look at this industry. You would yourself be a instrument of killing so many.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.