Travel Centers of America is failing and will declare bankruptcy within five years.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Deadwood, Dec 17, 2020.

1. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Or Flying J's policy to close the mens restroom from 7 -8 am for cleaning????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Honestly I’m kinda a little jealous I never worked in a restaurant. I’ve heard stories that would make a fraternity blush. Lotta hokey pokey going on with those nubile 20 somethings.

EDIT: This applies to major chain restaurants and half the fast food places. Most TA waitstaff are eligible for social security and remember voting for Calvin Coolidge.

I remember waiting for a burger and watching some punk kid saying inappropriate things to a girl cashier with no shame that he was saying it right in front of the customers that would have gotten him fired from just about any corporate job if not charged by an overzealous HR department. Of course, she was giggling the whole time. Sigh.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  4. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    Infosaur, the Kingsville T/A is northeast of Ashtabula, Ohio.

bzinger Thanks this.
  5. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    Hello, friend. Sorry it's been a while since I"ve been on here. Hope you've been well.

6. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Glad to hear from you my friend. I'm doing something different this week. My wife and I left Florida on Saturday to help our daughter move from Clarksville Tn to Lexington Park Md. Our son in law retired from Army after 21 years as a Blackhawk pilot.
    Spent night in Ozark Al, loaded the uhaul trailer and stopped in Lebanon Tn. Got stuck there for 2 days for the ice. I was looking forward to eating at Uncle Pete's Truck Stop but even they were closed. Made it to Raphine Va and Iron Skillet is open only to 2pm. Arrived Lexington Park Md and have had freezing rain for 2 days. Leave for Florida Sunday morning and won't come back north again anytime soon.

bthomann Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    What made the son in law move from Tennessee to Maryland,retirement aside(tell him congratulations,happy retirement and thank you for his dedication to service all these years).

buckmanmike Thanks this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They seem to be expanding in California of all places..
    524D2A19-4FCB-4A9E-A5C1-BF4AA2787B43.jpeg

9. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Yes. They say 21 new franchises opening up. Such a failing company. LOL

10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    All 21 of those are already existing truckstops.

Deadwood and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Buc

Buc Medium Load Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Correct. TA is going the route of brownfielding to "expand its network"--which is la fancy way of saying they're either outright buying or franchising the fuel operations of existing locations. To do this, they're utilizing ABL to "fund" their expansion--in other words, they've leveraged every asset they hedge to acquire the cash they need to do this.

(ABL = "assets-based lending, which is really never a good business move as should you not be able to pay that principal plus interest back, the lending company can seize and liquidate all assets, and you go out of business. I've seen it happen before.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.