Travel Centers of America is failing and will declare bankruptcy within five years.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Deadwood, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    I liked the old model better. If they continue to do nothing they are going to fail anyways. Maybe its time they shutdown. This covid mess gives them their chance to end it and blame covid. Covid killed the Travel Plaza's. Move on, nothing to see here. Especially when most drivers are done with them as well. The little no parking loves and pilot rule. Automated trucks are probably coming soon anyways. Especially all the double trailer LTL jobs, jump on the interstate and exit the interstate. Have their own fuel pumps at terminals. Amazon big time. Probably be the first. TA/Petro CEO, board of directors, already know that. The old model TA takes a superior cleaning staff. Hard to get someone to clean anymore. All this covid bs needs to stop. The supply chain is slowly going down. Its losing energy. You can feel it when you go in these stores, grocery too. Empty shelves. There are a few happy people working but not many. Hope TA/Petro can hold on. Take care okay?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Reason for edit: spelling correction.
    navypoppop, Buddy Stinson and Lostkeys Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    There is no money in 25 acres of truck parking when 75 percent of drivers eat out of their truck. The money is all about fuel sold and the C store side that accommodates the 4 wheelers. Money is not in truck drivers anymore. Most of them make 600 bucks a week and take up alot of space in the parking lot eating ramen noodles only to drive across the street in the morning and fuel where their company tells them too. Not a very attractive business model if you ask me.

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Look at all the "self driving vehicle" accidents, we're 20 years or more from seeing those being an actual thing. Until then there's always going to be a stooge in the cab to blame the accidents on, I personally think there always will be or they'll have to admit their computers aren't all they're cracked up to be.

5. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    Perhaps in a few years Biden will deem TA too big to fail. Then the crappiness can continue for eternity.

drvrtech77 and Buddy Stinson Thank this.
  6. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Lol. Have no fear. They are getting ready to spend 4 trillion on a new infrastructure plan. My guess when it's all said and done, it will be easier to get a sex change than it will be to find truck parking.o_O

drvrtech77, xsetra, Team818 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Lostkeys

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    While I agree, it's just frustrating the way the chain is being run.

navypoppop and Team818 Thank this.
  8. Lostkeys

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    True, but I was referring to closing the restaurants, limiting shower credits, their reward system, etc. I quit otr for nine months and they closed my ultraone account and I lost my points. I had to open a new account and they wouldn't give the points back. Pilot didn't do that.

Team818 and Buddy Stinson Thank this.
  9. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    The AC was out in the upstairs shower area at the TA in Barstow last week. It was hot, like really hot upstairs. By the time I finished with my sink activities after my shower, I was soaking wet with sweat.

Half of the pumps are broken in one way or another at practically every TA. At the Montgomery AL TA a few months back only 2 pumps were operational.

Some hedge fund or private equity group or something like that must be directing the smashing of TA relentlessly into the ground. It's ridiculous.

10. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    TA Stock down 7.85% today

Screenshot_20210804-220144-729.png

11. Lostkeys

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    Wow. That sucks. Knock on wood but I haven't had any fuel pump issues for a couple years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.