Travel Centers of America is failing and will declare bankruptcy within five years.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Deadwood, Dec 17, 2020.

1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    The TA in Brunswick,Ga is pretty sweet. It crushes the flying J across the street. I feel we should all take the time to reward even the small success.

Team818 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lucky12

Lucky12 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2019
    There are some nice Petros too, was at a rather fancy log cabin/lodge style one last week up in Washington somewhere.

Team818 and sealevel Thank this.
  4. Lucky12

Nov 24, 2019
    It could be the Eddie Lampert Sears model. The value is in the real estate. Location still means something in industries outside of Amazon's reach, like Truck stops for instance.

bthomann, Team818 and Lostkeys Thank this.
  5. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    TA was starting to do that before the virus. What surprised me now was the number of Petro locations that closed their restaurants. I don't want fast food much less overpriced fast food. I assume that TA owned the restaurants themselves. So from a profit perspective it makes sense to get rid of the restaurants and lease the space out to a chain.

6. Lucky12

Nov 24, 2019
    A cursory look at the chart seems like the stock is not breaking through support, so may have bottomed. The Yahoo indicators show bullish.

Full Disclosure: Not an endorsement of Yahoo and I am not long/short the stick.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Reason for edit: added grammatical error
  7. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    It's already happening. TA has contracted with IHOP for up to 100 restaurant conversions. They have already done a few and more are underway. Davy Crocket in Greeneville, Tn. is one. They have started in Wytheville, Va. More on the way as long as they can keep the doors open.

Buddy Stinson and Team818 Thank this.
  8. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    More on the way as long as they can keep the doors open.

I love this post navy grandpop........... I pray for the return of the big Truckstop. The clean employees, the wonderful On Site Managers. Machine shop running great. Sit down restaurants, smiling wattresses, I needed this. I need the Orange Blossom Special to Play. Probably upset my wife though.

Reason for edit: adjustments made.
    navypoppop and Buddy Stinson Thank this.
  9. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    I did call them and they wouldn't give me my lost points back. I even asked super nice.

Buddy Stinson Thanks this.
  10. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    Well. The TA/Petro is on the ropes, right now, they will always have a fighting chance as long as we have the peelot truck stops. I saw a driver pour out a whole gallon of brown yellow pee on the peelot over his drives. Fishy smile on his face, enjoying it. Like he did that everytime he had a full gallon jug. He probably doesn't like peelot either. Would prefer TA/Petro, but that was shocking to see. I'll tell ya.

Reason for edit: spelling correction.
    Lostkeys Thanks this.
  11. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    Washington? No log cabin ones that I know of up there. That actually sounds like the
    Trail's Petro in Albert Lea, Minnesota. Closest truck stop to my relatives. Good food and
    plenty of parking spaces.

stwik Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.