Tri National TNI

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Army91W, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    It depends on if they need your truck. Last week the first truck they assigned me had a bad windshield so I rejected it. They gave me another truck and said if that didn’t work check to see if truck xxxx was in the yard. It was in the yard, the previous driver was cleaning it out. So they will hot rack them.

I actually got a talking to during this restart. I broke the rules and brought the truck home. My position was I’m healthy, I’m coming back to work ASAP, I’m not driving it around and I don’t want to chance the previous driver being sick.

They absolutely didn’t see it my way and I’m sure my next restart they’ll warn me up front but it was worth it too me.

On a side note when I got back to the yard there was 40 trucks sitting there and there’s a good chance they wouldn’t assigned the truck to anyone else. But I also have a pretty new truck so you never know.

localyokal Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Army91W

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I took this picture last night of my last eight days. I was exceptionally motivated but I have personal reasons ie crazy ex wife lol.

Attached Files:

localyokal Thanks this.
  4. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    That 803 mile day had to be a ruff one were you given a exception coz of the virus? Also does your BOL’s have to state the exception?

5. Army91W

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    No it was 100% legal. I don’t know exactly where I was when the clock struck midnight but I parked in Caddo Mills, TX at 2-230am.

After an exact ten hour break I drove to Effingham, IL. The way I take is right around 713-718 miles. The truck does 70 mph and it was a 9000lbs load. Traffic was non existent the whole day because of so many people staying home. TX, AR, MO, and IL are 70 mph states.

6. Army91W

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Week six. I ended up taking a load from Laredo to Goshen IN on Monday. It had an extra day on it so took my time to get up there. I was deadheaded down to Indianapolis for a load going to Dallas, TX. This load had an extra day on it too. I delivered on a Sunday and was deadheaded home. I had 6 hours left on my 70 hr clock and ended up restarting till Tuesday morning. I want to say my paid miles were 3244ish.

Week seven. I had to be home for the weekend. Even though they have eight terminals within a day drive or less of my home they said they couldn’t keep me busy AND get me home for the weekend. This is the second time I have had a whole week off when I needed to be home for a weekend.

Week eight which is where I’m at now has been a sheet hole. I was assigned a truck on Monday. It couldn’t build air past 100 psi so I was assigned a different truck.

I deadheaded to Laredo. I arrived at my pickup. About an hour after getting there my load was canceled. They assigned me another load. I went to the pickup and was told I had the incorrect pick up number. After sitting there for two hours I was told to go pick up my original load. It was sitting at the terminal already loaded.

Also, the truck I had needed to be routed to Missouri because it was being sold off. The new truck they assigned me had dead batteries. I was then assigned another truck. Four trucks and three loads in one day.

Because of their lack of idk competence I was unable to make the appt on my load heading to Florida.

Before, I arrived at the cosignee I was told they would work me in for delivery. When I arrived the consignee said the broker would have to reschedule.

Then my company gave me a different delivery confirmation number. I returned and was told the number was no good. The security guard told me to return at 8pm and the people that have the authority to work me in for delivery would be at work. I returned at 8pm to be told once again the broker would have to make a new appt.

Today I have sat at the truck stop patiently and have been told by TNI that they’re waiting on the broker. This afternoon I started calling more people at my company. Trying to be the squeaky wheel. The best I have come up with is the consigee wants the trailer dropped and to unload at their pleasure. TNI has refused because they don’t come to Florida enough to have a trailer sitting there.

As you can imagine I’m not happy and it’s a holiday weekend. The prospect of sitting in a truck stop for five days does not make me happy. I could drive 200 miles to my brother’s house. I have enough fuel to drive back home.

Six years clean driving record I’m not worried about employment. But I still don’t want the bad reference.

A week off of work I had last week equals no paycheck. If I don’t deliver this load before Monday at noon that will be two weeks without a check. Thank god, I am prepared and I don’t need a go fund me account. But, I don’t do this for fun or because I don’t have anything else to do. I do this for a positive cash flow.

UturnGirl and Vic Firth Thank this.
  7. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    That's trucking.
    You just have to roll with the punches.
    Make the best of it.
    If your not gonna quit, then there's no need driving
    Yourself crazy.
    2 hours after you get unloaded, you won't even care.
    Won't even think about it.
    Just on to the next load.

8. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    So did they compensate you pittance for layover/delay ?

Western flyer Thanks this.
  9. Army91W

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    You are correct @Western flyer it is trucking. I wasn’t overly upset or frustrated. There was nothing I could do to change situation.

Since it was tortillas ie food I had asked TNI if I could run longer than my 11 to make it on time and they said no they weren’t doing that.

That was disappointing because I could of made it on time without busting me 14 but driving more than the eleven.

I have done this long enough that I knew when TNI didn’t give me a new appt time right away that it was far out and they didn’t want to tell me. lol

They ended up sending me to Alabama to drop the load at a truck company they have a relationship with and deadheaded me bobtail to Texarkana.

When they sent me the info it also had the new appt for the original Florida load which was 0700 Monday.

@UturnGirl my miles ended up being 1964 plus 2 extra stops, and 2 days of layover. I’m figuring about an $1150 gross paycheck. Not horrible.

My home life is changing. I’m searching for a day time local position. I think as soon as our country opens back up, I’ll find something.

UturnGirl Thanks this.
  10. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    Enjoying your thread so please keep it rolling. When you begin local search I hope you will chronical that journey for us as well.

Army91W Thanks this.
  11. Army91W

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    TNI assigned me a short 130 mile load with a delivery on Monday. I’m preplanned on a load that picks up in Dallas and goes to San Antonio.

Last Monday when I left the house I said I wanted to be back home in two weeks. For the third time it appears I’ll be home five days early.

That’s the most frustrating thing with this company. I asked to be home every other weekend and end up with a whole week off.

I can’t afford that much time off and I’m not going to tell my child that I can’t see her either. It puts me a pickle.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.