Tribe Express-Gainesville, GA. Do Not Go There!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Disco duck, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I do agree that we need to get past this stuff and move on. White privilege does not apply to every situation. There are many situations in which it does apply, not just in terms of socioeconomic status. The fact is, it can take people of color and women longer to achieve wealth, or a powerful position. We'd all like to think everyone is equal, but in a society of prototypes, stereotypes, and organized religion, we are not equal. All of the aforementioned cause people to make ill-informed judgements on people.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Not to get into a political and racial debate on a trucking message board, I am the wrong white boy to preach about whites getting preferential treatment. Right off the top of my head I can think of at least 4 occasions in the past 25 years where I was not given a job position or promotion because of my race. 2 were in broadcasting and 2 others in law enforcement ..this is a FACT because I was told this by 2 of my bosses.(affirmative action)... Priveledge goes both ways...

4. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    The moment someone is born with white skin in this country they have an automatic distinct advantage over others who were born with brown skin or darker completions. I don’t care how poor you are in rual Alabama. In this country the poorest white person is considered more valuable than the richest black person.
    That is a fact

Sandywig54 Thanks this.
  5. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    You can fact all you want but totally untrue..we will.just agree to.disagree, an argument for another place

6. Sandywig54

Sandywig54 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2018
    This is true. A horrible and ugly truth but truth nevertheless. I appreciate you having the audacity and the guts to acknowledge that. One cannot have a discussion about a minority owned trucking company without recognizing the big elephant in the room. Yes this is a Trucking forum but racial disparity is not exempt from this industry by no means. And I think it’s very important that we at least acknowledge it while discussing its ramifications in this forum.

bryan21384 and Veteran driver Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Sir. You got it twisted. You getting turned down has nothing to do with black privilege. You said it yourself. Do you understand affirmative action? There's not a law that has to force people to hire whites. However, it's a #### shame that laws have to be in place just to give minorities a chance. You talk about those jobs that turned you down. If it weren't for affirmative action, you would have been hired no questions asked. Minorities most likely would have barely gotten a look.

Veteran driver Thanks this.
  8. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Why Didn't The Store Just Let Oprah Buy The $38,000 Handbag?

Hey Sandy. Remember Oprah tried to buy that $38,000 Swiss hand bag for Tina Turner on her birthday? The clerk just saw a black woman and immediately deduced from that, that Oprah couldn’t possibly afford such a bag. This was a high end store in Europe. The clerk had no idea it was Oprah. She just saw a “Black woman”. And that was it.

Sandywig54 Thanks this.
  9. Sandywig54

Sandywig54 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Yeah Veteran Driver I remember that. What a shame. People who make excuses for white privilege or racism not existing are completely in denial and hate the ugly truth. This industry is chock full of racists. It’s horrible.

10. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    For your info in one of these instances I was a dj at a classic rock radio station that changed formats to a R@B format while I was on the air doing afternoons. ( we knew it was coming) A black guy was brought in and I was told to leave while I was doing my shift..i was moved to part time weekends. No in this case a minority would not have been overlooked..I quit..funny thing is they called me back 6 months later and asked if I would come back..nope!!.

11. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Too bad they didn't know who Oprah was....I would have been trying to upsell her lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.