Trimac Elete Team Drivers Question - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by 31N90W, Apr 19, 2018.

1. scvbugler

scvbugler Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Ethos Semper Fi
    I have 2yrs OTR with Crete
    I interview tomorrow for TRIMAC
    any good SCUTTLEBUTT or advice would be appreciated for interview
    • Hauling Argon
    • Out up to 3 weeks
    • .52 cpm loaded, .52cpm empty
    • 4000 miles a week
    • Hauls out of Theordore Al for Argon delivering throughout southeast

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scvbugler

scvbugler Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    It's a branch driver position. They will be dying for drivers and the interview will be a mere formality. Just be yourself and let your record do most of the convincing.

scvbugler Thanks this.
  6. scvbugler

scvbugler Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Tried to bait and switch to team driving, MGR said ad wrong only teams in my area. I live at the beach and am in no hurry to hire on until the right opportunity.

7. southbaydude

southbaydude Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Ephrata,Pa.
    I work for Trimac out of Downey,Ca. They used to be in Gardena,Ca. but just bought out GVD Trucking company. A subsidiary of Trimac and we moved over to Downey. I have worked for Trimac for just over 3 years running local and regional. Local drivers in California only don't make much because they don't get the hours. Regional do better. Pay is $16 hr plus 12% of the load. Which is a downgrade from what they were paying. $25 per hour plus time and a half. I now drive teams for them with my wife. I was dropped down to $15 per hour with no percentage of the load but basically all hours paid.Whether I'm in the sleeper or on duty. I'm getting paid $15 per hour. We average about $1800 per week each before taxes. I'm still off on the weekends mostly. Sometimes We work thru the weekend but still take our 34 hour break at home which is usually a full two days off. Holidays are paid time off with 3 days of sick pay and a floater holiday.
    This is only for California drivers. All other drivers outside of California get paid by the mile...We have to take 2 half hour breaks in a 12 hour period. California law. So my wife and I usually only work 10 hours each to avoid the extra 1/2 hour off without pay. So far it's been a good experience. We sometimes get an extra day at home when we have a load driving thru where we live....The California branch is finally in the black and soon I will ask for a dollar raise.....

Mooseontheloose and kbarttt Thank this.
  8. 31N90W

31N90W Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Interesting, thanks for the info. I am getting ready to start in the Elete Team Driving division (OTR) in the next few days. I am a Trimac employee based in Texas, Republic of, working in a position where I am home daily, weekends off, except we are on call every other weekend. I like the company, so I am transferring to a position where I earn more. I am single, so I plan to stay out (OTR) for extended periods, and take my days off OTR. I am looking forward to the new adventure.

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  9. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Hope the yard is bigger. Of all the companies I have worked for, the Gardena "yard" was by far the dumbest. You could, and I am being absolutely serious, not find enough space to park a bobtail sometimes. Plus, the entrance was small so you had to practically swing into the middle turning lanes to make it in, which depending on traffic could be a very dangerous maneuver.

The only other option for a drop was the Southgate Quala and that place is another horror show. I honestly don't know how you Cali guys do it. It seems every place out there is tiny and totally overloaded.

10. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    BTW, is Hayward still open? It was a dumpster fire when I left.

• Truckers Report Jobs