Trimac or Superior Carries?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DuvalKid, Jul 19, 2017.

1. DuvalKid

DuvalKid Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Hello all!

I just started trucking school(America's Driving Force) in Conley, Ga and have been reading the forums faithfully every single day. I have read about many companies and have come to a conclusion on two that I would like to drive for which are, Trimac or Superior Carriers. I live 15 mins. away from the Superior Carriers terminal in Morrow and 30 mins away from Trimac's terminal in Fairburn. Both companies offer good pay, home time, benefits etc., but I want to make sure I make the right choice, so if you guys can help a new trucker out, that would be awesome! Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe @ethos will give some updated advice.

4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    If they're both offering to train you, I dont think you can make a wrong choice.

tscottme Thanks this.
  5. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
  6. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
  7. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Potatoe potatoe

Ull probably be happy at either. Trimac seems to have nicer equipment. I'd ask recruiters for each about equipment, home time, fueling (prescribed fuel stops or fuel anywhere you like) ect. Also maybe drop by a terminal and head into the drivers lounge and ask some drivers how they like it

Driving a tanker is miles better than dry van. They're fun and you get treated with respect by shippers/receivers. Still can't thank @Chinatown enough for all his posts recommending them that pushed me to to driving tanks.

Only thing is fighting that surging liquid. Sometimes she really smacks you around lol.

DuvalKid, tscottme and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. DuvalKid

DuvalKid Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank everyone! Superior sounds like the way to go. I was asking this because I didn't know if maybe there was something I missed or didn't know that was special about either company that could win me over the other.
    @Lucy in the Sky Thank you for commenting; going by both terminals is actually a very good idea. Chinatown is truly a blessing to these forums and upcoming and current truckers, as he is always helpful and supportive. Tankers are awesome! That surge will, in fact, take some getting use to lol.

Lucy in the Sky and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.