Triumph PAY not working

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Siinman, Oct 21, 2021.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Does the Agreement you signed in the Carrier Packet state that you're to submit your invoices to TP and to be paid by them? If so, you've given up your right (and protection) to the brokerage's surety bond. That bond is what protects you from non-payment.

When you haul for a broker and give them 30 days to pay (DTP), you're actually giving them a FREE 30 day loan. That bond is your safety net because it's the only collateral you have to help you recoup what you lose if they go don't pay you. Is anyone giving you a free loan to help you operate your business?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    No it does not state that in the broker packet. They just prefer to pay that way. If worried I could do the 30 day and have no problem with that. I just prefer ACH payments so I can keep up on my books easier.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  4. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    It's not in your Agreement, that's good. That also means the brokerage's AP department is who is directly responsible for handling your invoice payments that are due according to the terms you agreed upon. They are responsible, not TP. Don't waste your time calling or dealing with TP when handling your Accounts Receivables. Go the the broker's AP department since they're the ones you've extended credit to...not TP.

Essentially, the brokerage is just farming out some of their administrative work to TP to lighten their load but TP isn't on the hook to get you paid nor do they release payments or accept/reject paperwork. That's all on the broker because that's who you're locked into contract with. Is this making sense?

I'll give you a little example of how I gave away my time for free and how I learned this the hard way myself. I hauled a load for a broker. We had to write up a new BOL when I got loaded. Because that BOL number didn't match what what on the rate con they didn't pay me on time. I first called TP because, like you, I initially thought they were responsible for it. I was wrong. They drug their feet and had literally zero answers why my payment wasn't released and they told me they weren't authorized to handle such matters.

Then, the same day I contacted who I knew deep down who I should have contacted from the start...the brokerage's AP department. They handled it quickly and I had a remittance email before the end of the day. Immediate payment took a 5 minute phone call.

I like the convenience of ACH too. At first, I kept things on a paper check basis through TP. Now it's all ACH. You have to keep in mind though of who's ultimately responsible to pay you and that you're giving out credit here to the brokers not TP. They're just another middle man that has no skin in the game. They owe you nothing...literally.

5. Chieftains

Chieftains Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2021
    Typically you would send the invoice to the brokers accounts payable email.
    Then they release it to triumph pay who sends via ach.
    Triumph pay has quick pay and standard pay as well.

6. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Yes. That is how it is handled. But you can make it faster by uploading the documents on the app after sending invoice. I use quickbooks so it is set up to auto send email to the correct people with all documents attached when I do invoices. I upload the document on app while finishing invoice to make it instant.

Chieftains Thanks this.
  7. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Yeah not sure how this conversation got to be all about this. I was trying to put in the info on the app and they had a server issue. This was nothing about how I bill the client. I use quickbooks and email with attached documents to every one I deal with. I just go an extra step and do this with this one client to make sure it is not confused and delayed.
    Thanks

8. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    You're billing a third party. That's how it came up. Follow the Agreement procedure in your contract and walk away. If this new way to screw you mess like TriumphPay was so convenient and great you wouldn't be sitting here wasting your time asking strangers for help on how to use it. Not sure how you can't seem to make that connection but I'll digress. Have a good day.

9. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    No
    I am not billing a third party as the invoice is not in that company’s name. They process payments and handle paperwork only. Guess you simply do not under the process of what I was doing. Only asked if that website/ app was having issues similar to DAT being down yesterday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.