trooper went easy on me, should I plead guilty?

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by jeffrob93, Feb 12, 2014.

1. jeffrob93

jeffrob93 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Well, in case anyone cares about the outcome, I had court today for this ticket. I got 4 months court supervision and a $200 total fine (the ticket was originally $120), plus the day off work. I'm local and salaried, paid by the day, so that was 20% less pay on the week, so that sucks.

I was at the courthouse for over 4 hours, in one courtroom for 3 and a half with a cranky old judge listening to all these DUIs and undocumenteds driving with no license. Then finally I got moved to a different courtroom where I was the only case and the judge was this hipster 40-something hot lady. Man, I was happy as ####.

Anyway, she said because I wasn't actually on the phone it wasn't serious enough to stick me with a serious charge, so I have a guilty judgement on a nonmoving violation with no points, and no conviction on my record if I stay clean for 4 months. I'll take it.

Thanks again for everybody's input. Stay safe and don't touch your phones for nothin.

DrivingForceBehindYou Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sly Fox

Sly Fox Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Good for you. Just let it be a lesson and move on.

4. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    I never plea guilty. The worst the cop can do is show up and testify. It's a 50/50 u know what my last 3 tickets 2 for speeding the cops didn't show up. I guess you could get lucky too and the cop just might be like ahh screw it I don't want to deal with it and not show up.

edit nvm saw the outcome we'll fight all tickets!

5. Jbuck

Jbuck Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2019
    So how do companies handle hand held violations?

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not very well.

Give em a ring and find out. He he he. /snarky

Puppage Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.