Truck Abandonment ?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Trucker574, Jun 11, 2009.

1. gixxer32404

gixxer32404 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Florida
    As far as company terminal without notice, couldn't the application saying at will employment on both parts get this thrown out??/

How do u dispute not eligible for rehire on a dac report, by 2 employers. When you worked for both companies at least twice?? I was turned down for 2 no rehires. Yet the worst thing I did was not give a 2 weeks notice. Who would drive multiple states with a cdl for over 8 years for 200.00 a week??? I still don't understand company terminal without notice? I was routed to terminal and it could mean 2 different things. AT LEAST i RETURNED THEIR EQUIPMENT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    There are several legal ways to avoid this. When you get your first truck with the company; have two copies of the return truck form and have them signed by both the company and maintenance supervisor when you get a new truck and/or quit the company. Keep copies of both for legal reasons.

If you work for an o/o, have a agreement in place where you will bring the truck if it is abandoned. Have him/her sign it. Make copies for both parties. That way if they withhold your last paycheck for abandoning truck you can legally get your lost wages back.

KH

GoBlue487 Thanks this.
  4. gixxer32404

Aug 27, 2008
    Florida
    wHO IS THIS DIRECTED TO?

5. gixxer32404

Aug 27, 2008
    Florida
    iF U SAY U ARE RESIGNING AND COMPANY REFUSES TO ROUTE U TO TERMINAL, THEN THEY PUT UNAUTHORIZED USE ON YOUR DAC. IT'S ALL GEARED TOWARDS COMPANIES AND WE GET SCREW-D EVERYTIME.

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    This is why I am looking at owning my own rig. At least they cant say I abandoned what I own! :biggrin_25526:

7. TruckNGal

TruckNGal Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Tomball, TX
    US Express did something similiar to one of the drivers I know. When the driver signed up for orientation she was told to go to Oklahoma for orientation because she would be assigned a new truck at that location. The driver lived near Dallas, TX but she had someone drive her to Oklahoma for orientation because of the new truck. Once she completed orientation she was put into a rental car to drive to Dallas, TX to pickup a truck because they did not have a truck in Oklahoma. Makes a lot of sense right? When she got to Dallas she was assigned a truck that was in really bad condition. She was told it was not road safe and her first assignment was to drive the truck to the repair shop, and of course wait for it to be repaired. Needless to say, she left the truck sitting at the terminal, turned in the keys, and left US Express in the rearview mirror. Probably one of the best decisions of her trucking career.

8. RLIGHT276

RLIGHT276 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Altoona Pa
    A similar situation occured to me,back in 05 I drove for TMC my truck kept breaking down and my DM would put me on loads that could be delivered in a day and a half he would stick me on them for 2 to 3 days there fore I would be sitting One day I delivered in atlanta and picked up a load just south truck broke down I sat for a day waiting for it to get fixed,got the truck started to head down the road shuts off this time I am towed into their grier south carolina yard while there I gave my notice was tired of breaking down and making no money my DM told me to just clean the truck out and leave it there so I did and was charged with abandement I left it in their secured yard and was told to do so by my DM and was still charged with it I got screwed to say the least they kept my last check,and screwed me on my DAC.

9. gixxer32404

Aug 27, 2008
    Florida
    Anyone help me with problemswith DAC report? I finally received my copy of dac report. Iwas recently turned down for work due to "2 no to rehires", and a "company terminal without notice". My dac has 2 no to rehires and a "company terminal with notice' .

One company has changed names many times and is still owned by the same owner. It has no to rehire and "personal contact requested". I worked for "billy bob's trucking" years ago. The name changed to "blue pond transportation". Company located in same location,just the name changed.Same employees,same trucks,same employees. Company tried to make my run like 17 hours straightor more. They sent a driver to wake me up, after telling them i couldn't legally do it. I filed a complaint with DOT. I have proof. Then at the end of the year,they wouldn't give me a 10-99 or w2 form, until I called the IRS. The owner became irate, and finally sent me a 10-99. now they have retaliated.

The other company was bought out. I worked for company twice. My dac REPORT says the new companies name. i spoke with recruiter and he worked for old company and now works for new company. He said he has tried tostraighten this out with DAC,b/c it's causing him a headache. He said it was the old companies policy to put no to rehire on everyone even though they rehired people back all the time. He said he would tell my prospective new employer this exact same thing. He said he doubt a company wouldn'thire me b/c of this. Itold him I had emails from the company turning me down b/c of "no to rehire, and company terminal w/out notice.

So I was turned down work for bs. My report says company terminal w/ notice, NOT without notice. What type of attorney would I need if push comes to shove?? How do I dispute "no to rehire" when I worked for company company, twice. My guess is recruiter will change his version with DAC,b/c a company putting "no to rehire on everyone will probably be unlawful and against fair credit act. PLEASE HELP!!

10. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I wonder how much trouble you'd get into if on day 15 you called the police and reported that you have been kidnapped or forced to work against your will?

11. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    I have a friend going through similar situation. First step is to submit a written dispute to DAC/USIS. They will contact company and then company has "x" amount of days to respond to your dispute. If they do not respond to the dispute by you it is supposed to be removed from your DAC report. He has submitted his dispute and now waiting to see if they respond or not. This is somewhere to start anyway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.