Truck amenities?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Charlyb715, Oct 5, 2015.

1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I don't run out of Cookeville, we have a fenced lot on Colinx property that we park in.
    its nice to park 10 miles from the house

4. Jeepman1

Jeepman1 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    Sorry Nukem...About the only place issues actually get taken care is Cookeville, if you get there early enough in the day. Anywhere else LTL gets the priority, Unless it's a SAFETY issue,TL gets the same old song and dance, we don't have the time, you'll have to wait.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  5. Jeepman1

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    I've been there.

6. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    Cookeville is good as long as you are there between 6a-6p

7. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    There's no time for TV. Dumb idea.

8. Jeepman1

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    The way the load planners have been assigning loads lately...you don't have time to watch TV, let alone stop and get something to eat, shower or take a short nap(IF YOU CAN FIND PARKING). If your looking for a company that have all sorts of goodies in them, Averitt is not the place. Apu's, inverters, AM/FM radio's with a AUX jack(if your lucky) are about it.

9. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    I finally got in a truck Monday afternoon. Had to hitch a ride from Dallas to Shreveport after the first couple assigned had check ECU issues. Made it through the week at finishing school with a cooler and my laptop just fine. As long as I'm moving I think the only thing I'm gonna need is a plugin cooler/fridge and possibly a small microwave.

10. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Well, I guess I have been very lucky then:

With a company that's as big as Averitt, if you expect to get rush treatment EVERYTIME , then your right, you need to move on. They (the Mechanics) get to you when thy can AND/OR priority issues (special needs not withstanding) But I say again, I personally have not had a problem of "We can't (or won't) fix that right now" of course I would have to wait to get fixed, but it will get done. But I also do not let truck problems become an issue. When one arises, I get to a shop so it can be fixed, and not put duck tape over a light on the dash so it doesn't annoy me.

As for sitting idle... That's not why I'm here. I was hired to drive from place to place so that's what I do. Again, I guess I'm lucky in the respect That I have a FM that used to be a driver and still thinks like one and likes to run the heck outta me, but will not question my intentions of stopping for a shower or whatnot. And yea some places parking sucks. Period.

As for the amenities. If you don't like what something, what's wrong with asking for a replacement? I know many drivers who have gotten new radios or inverters or new seat pads, etc... just by asking at the right shop or working with your FM to get one on order. But I will also say that I have made myself more comfortable by buying my own amenities to boost the fact that I live in this thing all week long.

I guess it boils down to what your patience level is and what you expect out of a MEGA.

11. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Hate to say it but your going to have issues and problems with your truck until they can all get fixed. The last driver that had your truck may or may not have taken care of it. So it will be up to you to get them fixed. If you haven't done so already, get a new mattress and depending on how many miles it has a new seat pad. Most shops won't have them in stock so you'll have to work with your FM to get them ordered. But congrats and I hope that your truck has been taken care of so you don't have a POS to fix.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.