Truck and/or Trailer Wraps

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Lmrga4281, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Lmrga4281

Lmrga4281 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2018
    Howdy!
    We have 3 trucks and 3 trailers and were considering allowing them to get wrapped for paid advertising. Has anyone done this? And if so, what company did you use?

Thanks!

NightWind Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I remember about three years ago there were some around with some Kardashian garbage on them. They were so awful to look at, I'd pass them no matter what the circumstance so I didn't have to look at them.

4. Lmrga4281

Lmrga4281 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2018
    Haha! Hilarious!

5. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    You're selling your soul for an extra buck? Why the h*ll would you do this? I guess you have the girl you don't plan on marrying's name tattoo'd on your face too? Gimme a break. Pull an extra load now and then and keep your truck one color.

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  6. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Selling his soul? Lol.

You're telling me that if company offered you I dunno .20 cents a mi to put some advertising on your blank white trailer you would refuse because to you this equates to "selling your soul"?

Lmrga4281 Thanks this.
  7. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Never done it. Bet money the people you p^ss off will call them and then the next call is to you. Another thing is the companies that do advertise will get sued when something happens (heaven forbid) if you're involved in an accident, that's another thing. Of course the suing can go both ways the company could get sued for what ever reason and since you have their name on your trailer viola you're involved in the suit just by process of association.
    I'd think long and hard about the products and remember lawyers laugh at contracts that supposedly protect you and vice versa.

Dave_in_AZ and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Yes, I wouldn't take the .20 but they wouldn't pay that much anyway. Everything that used to look good in the world now has ads posted all over it. Even school buses where I live. It's BS! Life ain't about what you can sell me. I'd rather have a mountain or something decent looking painted on my truck but mostly I like nothing at all. Not even bumper stickers.

I also laugh at all these people who put a huge 'Cummins' or Nike Swoosh or Ford or Chevy on the back of their personals. The companies must love all that free advertising these idiots give them.

Nothing better than a clean vehicle.

NightWind and Derailed Thank this.
  9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Well I like (almost) free $ so I could see it as an option, but since the best trailers out there are flatbeds, stepdecks and rgn's there isnt much room for advertising on the side of those lol.

Lmrga4281 and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I bought a carrier with ten trucks and they were all wrapped with ads. I had to deal with the bs from the advertising agency for three months including filling out logs of where the trucks went and as soon as I could get out of it, I did. This hassle was ended when they paid for the wrap to come off. It wasn't even worth the extra money, which if I remember wasn't any more than a couple grand a quarter per truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.