Truck and Trailer Insurance

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mark Falcone, May 20, 2019.

1. Mark Falcone

Mark Falcone Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    Guys chime in here. Give me names to some good rated insurance companies that have good reasonable rates. My best friend has a 6 truck fleet and is paying $1,810.88 a month with OOIDA per truck. He's getting murdered. Here's the facts: Bad FMCSA rating due to a log audit by DOT (The DOT came to his house and the whole 9 yards) . No fleet accidents or fatalities or anything like that. Basically 2 out of services due to log infractions and a failed DOT audit. Has had his own authority for 6-7 years. Lets get this guy a better premium for truck, trailer and cargo combined. The works...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I would think he would be researching insurance companies full time.

How was his insurance before? Did it double or something because of his audit?
    It could be that he is deemed high risk, I wouldn't think that would do it, but it might, and if that is the case he may well be screwed for a year or two.
    It may pay him to start asking for some inspections for a while to get his average up with some clean ones.

4. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Off topic... You’re from South Easton,Ma?
    I lived there in the mid 80’s. Drove for Independent Pipe & Supply out of Canton. Was and likely still is a union shop..Teamsters local 379.

Wish I had stayed there.. spent many a Saturday night at the dog track down the road.

5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I sent you a PM that he can try.

6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

They are still union. Last year they were on strike for couple 3 months.

Concorde Thanks this.
  7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    That’s where I drove my first tractor trailer.
    They only had one and the driver occasionally threw me the keys when he got back from deliveries and let me go park it in the yard.

Was a LN 9000 twin screw day cab.. and steel 48 flatbed.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  8. Mark Falcone

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    Lol!!! Ok...I know right where that's at. I'm originally from Staten Island, NY but I didn't want to raise my kids in a jungle. I love the looks I get when I where my Yankees and Giants jersey!!! Lol!!!

Concorde Thanks this.
  9. Mark Falcone

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    You guys are good guys. Thanks for coming to the thread. Good to see some locals...

10. Mark Falcone

Jun 15, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    He wants to but he fears his rating. I said Willie call around get some quotes. If you realize there's not a difference then you know you have to wait until your rating goes up. You play the game accordingly you know? He has OOIDA. What happened was when it came time to reinsure they raised his premium. To make sure its just not OOIDA being OOIDA and raising their rates as usual, get a couple of quotes to clarify that.

11. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Get some clean inspections and the ratings will go up, it works on a percentage game, in other if he has only been inspected twice and got an oos on each one he is batting 100, one clean one will up it a third, two a half and so on.
    People don't understand how some megas like swift can have as many wrecks as they do, but there percentages are better than most companies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.