Truck body work repair issue

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Gumper, Jun 8, 2018.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Your worried about patch work. I can show you some #### fine patch work. Granted it takes fine body man which I am not. However if it's at a #### good body shop get outta their way and let them do their job. If it isn't go get it before it's ####ed up. This aint the time or place to get cheap if you want your ride to look like anything

Feedman, Hurricane69 and Ruthless Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Them pesky deer is why when I bought my truck I bought a herd bumper at the same time. $5500 for a bumper is worth it when your going thru what you are Grumper.

Attached Files:

AModelCat, stillwurkin and Gumper Thank this.
  4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    When you figure what a radiator and hood cost you aren't wrong.

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  5. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I agree, and it isn’t going to be cheap to have them do it. But I can also repair it myself for what I’m going to spend to have them fix it. Can get a bumper and headlight for $700. The extra $1800 I would spend to meet the deductible would be better off in my pocket.

6. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Yeah I have been looking at those. Always wanted to get one, but haven’t had the extra money with all the other crap I’ve had to go through lately.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  7. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Don't forget air-air. Just bought a new one for a 01, 379. Apprx 900.00.

Tug Toy and Trucking in Tennessee Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    If you're on CrackBook there are usually a fair amount of buy and sell groups catering to heavy trucks/equipment. Kijiji is always another spot to check out. Sometimes you find some real gems, other times not.

wore out Thanks this.
  9. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    Just fix it then but make sure your ins won't ding you for having a claim even though you cancelled it. Must be nice to buy a whole b/n hood for 4 grand. Up here to replace a front fender on a Pete is close to 2 grand painted with you doing some of the work.

Tug Toy and brian991219 Thank this.
  10. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I would do whatever is cheapest WITHOUT utilizing the insurance company. Even if they raise your rates slightly due to the "loss" it will add up over the course of time to pay for it all anyway. They don't lose anything, we do. The less they know the better off you'll be. They also seem to have a very skewed idea of what a truck is worth and what it isn't. They claim to have a Blue Book for values of these trucks but mine does not fit their generic price model. I've put so many thousands of dollars into it if they were to total it today they would never give me what it's really worth even in parts money. I could part it out now and get close to what I've invested in it. After getting the nitty gritty details on Physical Damage coverage their process has exposed to me who really benefits from this arrangement and who doesn't.

Tug Toy and Gumper Thank this.
  11. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    Insurance is buying me a new hood. Talked to the adjuster today, and he said all along he was going to get me a new hood. Had no clue the body shop was going to try to repair my original. I’m happy again.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.