Truck driver slang

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by OttMan, Nov 30, 2013.

1. TwinStickPeterbilt

TwinStickPeterbilt Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    I remember a lot of guys with the turned around 13's thinking they could run with my 6 and 4. They thought they could do a lot of things...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Your right a double over 13 wont run with a 5x4 or 6x4 if they are both overdrive boxes, but they are the only thing that will come close to a set of boxes.

4. killroy

killroy Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Kenner, La.
    Thats because ( no offense intended, well maybe a little ) most of the newer drivers don't have a clue what you said.
    Twin Sticks??? They have never seen twin sticks, much less have a clue as what to do with them. Never been in a real truck, now they have these fancy units which are all 10 speeds or more an more Autos (yuck) everything is Computer controlled. Flip the Hood an get asked what kind of motor is that, because they have never seen a White motor. Remember when we made fun of the guys in their brand new shinny Ant Eaters, now they all are.

Well now I feel old, going to go take my Geritol an take my morning nap. :biggrin_2552:

5. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Sad part is I own one 85 model with a double over 13, and an 86 with a 6 and 4. Both are big CATS, I wouldn't trade either of them for a new one. I grew up around the 86 made my first solo trip in it from the Conway sale barn. I bought the 85 cause I have had a long time love affair with it and use it every day. I'm still pretty young at 38 almost 39 so its still cool to show my tail lights to almost any one I want to see them lol. I still think that Class Pays, and it nothing has more class than a Peterbilt, especially after all the love that was put into mine

lester Thanks this.
  6. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

a set of sticks? isnt that what you eat chinese food with:biggrin_2551:

wore out and Ed G Thank this.
  7. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    I forgot some, Buster Brown = UPS Driver, California Coffee or West Coast Coffee = Strong Coffee...

8. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    That's great that you have that truck, I drove a '86 359 with a White Block cat and liked it a lot had a straight 13 in it but now try to tell all that you said to a newbreeder with there Volvo's

Joetro Thanks this.
  9. browndawg

browndawg Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Rock Island, IL
    cash box= toll booth, care bear= cop helping out motorist

wore out Thanks this.
  10. TriPac Dude

TriPac Dude Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Joplin Missouri
    My dad, who has been a trucker for 34 years still talks with some of this slang. Having grown up around trucks, I think just about anything pertaining to trucks or the industry is really fascinating. Anyway, you guys forgot one that I use all the time whenever I see one: thermos bottle for a tanker truck. Do you know if there's any slang terms used for different kinds of APUs? Yeah, I know, here I go on the whole APU thing. I know that RigMasters are sometimes called RigBlasters, but do any of the other APUs have slang names? Also, does anyone know where the term reefer came from? Besides meaning a marijuana cigarette.

11. Ed G

Ed G Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Idaho
    City Kitty--- City cop

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.