Truck Driving for Pepsi

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by zaptear, Dec 11, 2010.

1. zaptear

zaptear Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    vermont
    @mr T some of our side bays are 8 speeds and 10 speeds I drive our newest truck 2011 and it is a automatic and i love it for in the city. I do love working for pepsi and yes you do take home 800-900 a week but you Do work for it every cent of it. i work 11 to 13 hrs a day 5 days a week. moveing 500-700 cases of soda a day. I had a hard time with the job at 1st. it kicked my ##### but now that that i have ben upgraded to full time Driver. and have "MY" route and "MY" truck. for about 8mos now its going vary good. and thay gave me my New truck about 2mos ago. i was driveing a 2000 8 speed.. and now in a 2011 automatic. is so nice. most of time my 1st stop is 1.5 to 2hrs a way from home bace.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tut

tut Light Load Member

In regard to food service deliveries like US Foods, Reinhart, etc...

For heavens sake, how long does it take the average guy to be able to navigate the myriad of items packed into the trailer so you can find it? How long does it take to start remembering what a given item number's package size might be so as to find it sooner? What am I talking about, you ask? Let me explain.

At a truck stop or two along the way I've seen some food service drivers (US Foods or such) delivering. I looked into his trailer and saw where he had stacked boxes upon boxes around boxes and stacked a few piles of boxes here and some there... You get the idea. Holy crap, talk about being buried. How do you guys learn to keep the items straight? Do new guys get lost in there?! :biggrin_2551: Are a lot of errors made? Or, is it loaded onto the trailer by stop? You know, the first stop loaded at the rear of the trailer and the last stop loaded at the front...

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  4. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Loads are picked and tagged by stop. First stop on tail.

5. tut

tut Light Load Member

Thanks Double r, i was hoping there was a level or organization in regard to how the merchandise was loaded.

Be safe out there!

6. Keepfrozzin

Keepfrozzin Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    "pepsi you got the real thing!" I live in the mid-west and i don't think we have a pepsi bottler..

7. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    actually depending on where u live at in oh there is possibily at pepsi plant couple hours away with an independant warehouse not far pepsi has a strong pressance in oh before the intergration to become pepsi beverages it was pepsi americas in oh i know twinburg has a pretty big plant

8. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Bobtail Member

May 27, 2011
    nj
    ah..u guys prolly have a little different set up then our plant
    start here 6:30am..leave by 7:00 am..usually 12-17 stops 450-650 cases..finising last stop around 2pm-3pm

with drive time back to plant and check in leave around 4pm..sometimes sooner..sometimes later

with pepsi it comes down to one thing..do u like doing hard work for ur $$? if ur beat up or weak minded move on really..don't even bother applying..if u can handle hard work then go for it..and yes..ur first few months are going to kick ur ##### regardless..but you'll get used to it and learn all the little tricks for making ur day go faster and easier..and the $$ are good with prolly a pension at ur location

9. zaptear

zaptear Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    vermont
    ya i start work at 4:30 am

10. frontalglobe

frontalglobe Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2011
    East Volusia
    I had an interview at PBC and they asked those "interview questions".

They are looking for someone experienced with bay truck, but I have other experience (otr, reefer, ltl, load/unload, lumping) seems like it would be good enough. kinda weird to be told basically that you are on stand-by until they find someone better, you may still have a shot if we don't find someone better. My opinion is let me at it I've been a hard laborer all my life and I still fit the image of a 'pepsi guy'. Not to be prideful, but I'm the man for the job, sir. But oh yeah the third-party thing.. it must be hard sometimes to hire a good worker nowadays with corporate structure getting in the way. Good luck to you and to me. But you should still hire me :biggrin_25520:

11. M915A4

M915A4 Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Somerset,MA
    I have sent in a application for a position with Pepsico. Hopefully ill be hearing somehtring soon. Close to home.Would be nice..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.