Truck Driving for Pepsi

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by zaptear, Dec 11, 2010.

1. MassHole

MassHole Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    wareham, mass
    good luck, hopefully it works out and you can

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zaptear

zaptear Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    vermont
    oh you live in mass sound about right on pay.. you got make that much for all the taxes you have thare

4. MassHole

MassHole Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2010
    wareham, mass
    lol taxachusettes, but I like it here

5. zaptear

zaptear Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    vermont
    :biggrin_25523:ya we would realy like to move.. im looking for a red state.. like TX.. just need to find a job and all that good stuff.. i think its Pepsi co in TX i would think i would not have a hard time geting in to a other pepsi plant if need be

6. Millisjcw

Millisjcw Light Load Member

May 27, 2010
    Gary,Indiana

7. jfred74

jfred74 Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Minnesota
    The wages are good, but you will earn every penny. I used to work for Coke, basically the same set up as Pepsi. There is no shutting down in bad weather. Rain or shine, hot or freezing, those cases come off the truck period. Can be very grueling work. Humping pop over snow banks in the winter sucks. Be careful in summer too. You get all hot and sweaty pulling the pop off the truck and then freeze when you have to go into the cooler for about half an hour to put the cooler pop away. I got sick more in the summertime than I did winter. It's not too bad once you get used to it though. Work available everyday. I did it for six years until I was injured and had to have back surgery. I would still be there if that hadn't happened.

8. double_r

double_r Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh,PA
    :biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:

Really, what did you expect?:biggrin_2559:

9. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Pepsi has had an ad listed down here for months.It is in the bulk transport,Class A driver position.

I have applied but never hear anything back from them.

I know a Coke driver who is well over 21 per hour....

I guess you need someone on the inside to get hired on with either one of them.
    Coke rarely has any openings.

10. Mdbluecrab

Mdbluecrab <b>Crusty Crab</b>

Feb 4, 2010
    White Plains, Maryland
    Sometimes. doing it the old fashioned way works. Just go down there and show your face. Ask questions and tell them that you have applied on-line already. Follow up with phone calls every other day and show them that you really want the job.
    Just takes a little effort, that's all.

EZ Money Thanks this.
  11. davenjeip

davenjeip Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Port Charlotte, Fl
    I have a problem with Pepsi, or maybe it is just the local distrubutor.

I was unemployed earlier in the year and hit a point where I was getting desperate. Spent a lot of time every day filling out applications, and really needed to get every one out there that I possibly could.

Followed an ad online, on one of the job websites, for a job working for Pepsi. Spent a good bit of time filling out what was possibly the most involved application I did, which involved me taking the time to look up some information that I did not already have at hand.

Finally get to the end of the app, and get the message that they are not actually hiring nor is there really an open position, but I may be considered in the future if a job opens up.

Keep in mind that I did not just go to a Pepsi website and apply, but actually followed links from an advertised job. Why advertise for a job that doesn't actually exist? Not only does it seem wastefull from a company perspective, but it was also a big waste of my time during a period when I did not have time to waste.

Not really that big of a deal, but it's one of those things that really rubbed me the wrong way, and has really stuck with me even after close to a year.

Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.