Truck gps

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Duck75, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Duck75

Duck75 Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Hi!
    Does anyone use gps app on phone for truckers?(low bridges , trucks road avoid, e.t.c)
    If yes than what’s the app is that.
    I am looking for that kinda app.
    Thanks

bdkilgore Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ironwindow

Ironwindow Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2019
    Winston Salem, NC
    Check in to co-pilot. I use it whe pulling my camper but I'm pretty sure it has a truck driver mode too.

Works great for the camper. I'm sure someone in here has some feedback on it.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The smartphone app Trucker Path uses Google Maps for routing, so it's not suitable for truck driving as a routing device, but it shows on one screen your current position, nearby trucks stops, weigh stations, walmart, rest areas, and low clearances just by looking at your phone screen while it operates. It's free. I use it for seeing truck stops and seeing details about them, including near real-time parking availability. I think Co-Pilot was the best GPS app for truck driving but it also cost $200, IIRC. For $279 you can get a purpose-built truck driving GPS from Garmin or Rand Mcnally. If you have any fuel points you can get a break on that price. The 5 inch GPS units give you all of the vital info like the 7 inch units but they are $100-150 cheaper. I vote for using a credit card if necessary to get a 5 inch truck gps. It's a tool of your business.

Nathanos and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  5. MPBara

MPBara Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2017
    I use copilot on my iphone and diverts around low bridges etc... I dont believe there is a free version.. There is a trial, but i paid for a yearly subscription and its well worth the $99 i think i paid

Nathanos Thanks this.
  6. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I use Copilot. It doesn't always pinpoint address locations, but it does a good job on the routing.

7. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    When I was otr I used the Paper Truckers Atlas. Worked well for me. Cheaper than a gps too.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  8. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Trucker path recently added truck routing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.