Truck Insurance

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Solar Surfer, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Solar Surfer

Solar Surfer Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Hi All - would like to hear experiences/advice about truck insurance (tractor only) .... bobtail and physical damage (comprehensive and collision). Am an owner op currently a company driver preparing to bring my own fully owned tractor to my current company - lease on to them. Have quotes from Progressive and OOIDA. Would really like to hear from anyone with experience with either or both, as well as any other useful advice/comments. Thanks and happy trails to all!
    Eric

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Check with COOL (Continental owner operators LTD) in Billings, Mt. for insurance quote.

4. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I have ooida. Lots of people hate them. I've had zero issues. Theres a list of brokers they say you cant work with cause they don't take their insurance. Ive worked with most of them. They came in by far the cheapest

5. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    I have had Progressive for the last 2 years. There customer service has greatly improved recently and they generally answer the phone fairly quickly.

Their website is also easy to use and it allows you to generate your own certificates of insurance, which can be a time saver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.