Truck leaning on paseenger side.

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Snailexpress, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I see almost every 3-5 years old Volvo front leaning on passenger side. How to fix it. Is front springs will be enough or need to replace all passenger side suspension

Johny41 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think it's from the extra weight of the DOC, and DPF on that side. It's almost an extra 1000 pounds.

Same on Cascadia.

Snailexpress and I glide 47 Thank this.
  4. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Could be shocks or leaf spring I notice this with heavier people.

Johny41 Thanks this.
  5. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Truck torque to the right and stress springs common on lots of trucks. Also roads are slanted to the right

6. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    My truck is leaning to the left, I replaced steer axle springs with - (minus) type leaf spring as was originally. But i remember Nashriza post, he said he prefers the + because are more stiff, i'm thinking maybe installing both +, or + on right and minus left would balance the weight distribution for leaf spring steer axle.
    Could come from cab, i noticed my left cab shock leaking every time soon after replacement, once the shock is toast there nothing to hold the cab air spring from over lifting one side, maybe shifts more weight in opposite side, and the cab is quite heavy on 780.
    I thinking to get adjustable coil over for cab , they come with different springs from 200 to 4000 lbs mostly for off road applications.. and compress the left or right coil as needed.
    The problem is i don't know where to install a shock bracket on the rear of the cab, like most other brands, because is soft tin, i bent it with a jack.
    I believe this kind of adjustable coil overs would work for steer axle also, if the truck is heavier on one side ,compressing the coil takes take part of the weight off the leaf springs.
    Well , Volvo is not designed for these, the OEM shock like many parts are suggested to maximize their profit not our comfort, but most truckers end up their career with lower back problems. Same ,If you buy a new Jeep, comes with 30$ shocks, want more performance you got options.
    Well, just some thoughts, i added to much scotch in my coffe. :):D
    A couple of random videos i just searched to see what i'm talking about, but are 100s of brands and coil over sleeve kits that could be adapted for OEM shocks, not very expensive, see Summit racing, 4 Wheels Parts,, .

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree

8. miszel

miszel Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Check your cab mounts they have rubber bushings in side.When they go bad cab would lean to one side about $60 a piece

9. Burdisco

Burdisco Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    shatteredsquare Thanks this.
  10. RoadRanger^^

RoadRanger^^ Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Hey guys. I have a question my truck volvo vnl 670, 2011 it is leaning on the passenger side. I was trying to look under the truck on the passenger side but i can’t find much. The only thing that i can see was on the passenger side, that u-bolt that hold the leaf spring on the driver side it has like a lil metal plate under and on the passenger side seems like that is missing or maybe broken. I will post a picture every advice will be appreciate. Thank you!
    First picture is on the driver side and second on passenger.

Attached Files:

11. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    On top of the axle there is wedge then leaf spring then top plate and u-bolt that clamps all this together. Wedge has a different thickness, there’s 20 and 28 mm thickness to them. Driver side is 28 and passenger is 20. Stop at any Volvo dealer ask them for Leaf Spring, Front Suspension to be printed out and you will see how it should be and parts list.

shatteredsquare, KB3MMX and Johny41 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.