Truck Load Rates Halt 8 Week Slide 2.0

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I normally will scour Convoy for last minute loads since the shippers are desperate and jack up their rates. I just noticed 2 loads from Turlock CA to Lakeville MN for $2.30 per mile. It's only 45 minutes until the pick up appointment and I'm 2 hours from there, otherwise I might have gone for it. I just put a bid in for $5,500 to see just how desperate they are.

upload_2020-5-1_17-19-3.png

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Full reefer load only weighs 12.5k? Somebody will he flying East.

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Hey, I know this is off subject, but watch this (if you care to) 10 minute clip regarding how the airlines are being affected by this economic downturn.

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I have never wanted to be affiliated with any organization. Not even boys scouts. However, I did sign up with OOIDA after reading this letter you posted. It triggered me. I think, I do have some common thinking ground with them. I just called them and signed up. The welcome package is coming... Now I am affiliated, as of yesterday 05/01/2020.

Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    If you use DAT Truckersedge, there's a discount available for members ;-)

TallJoe Thanks this.
  7. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I've been aware of what they have been standing for since I started to listen to the satellite radio in my truck. Particularly, the Dale Somers show (R.I.P.) and then Landline hour that followed. Practically, I applauded all of their efforts and rejoiced their successes, however small.
    For example, making Minnesota and Indiana state police stop their "fatigue" quizzes which put people out of service. I rooted for their efforts to thwart the ELD mandate. Efforts to do away with split speed limits for trucks...etc, etc.
    Heck, I am sort of excited that I am a part of it now.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Dino soar Thanks this.
  8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I decided to keep Truckstop.com Pro version. $150 - I started to like it. I also have their factoring available in an event that I am too shy with unknown to me a broker. It does not cost me a dime, unless I use them...Let's say this is a medical leech that I keep in a jar.
    I also decided to keep 123Loadboard pro version $35 I like some of its analytical features and the cheapest version of DAT Truckersedge about $30.
    I guess, I don't need more loadboards now. But I am a loadboard dependent so I am thinking of upgrading DAT into Power version as soon as the market will get some fresh spring colors. Tools. Tools. Tools.
    I am planning to drastically reduce my biding and clicking in Convoy, Uber, JB Hunt and all this automated app based environment. I think these make a person too complacent and stagnant.

9. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I agree but I also think it's location based. Steve Scott seems to have great luck with Convoy on the west coast. There isn's jack here in the south east on Convoy and not much on Uber either. JB Hunt is out there if I want to waste my life sitting at food DC's.

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I think it's always been that way Scotty, even when times are good. The reduction in loads just makes it more obvious that these apps aren't great in all areas. I found a beer load on Convoy this morning that picks up tonight at 2:AM heading up to Seattle area. It was already at $2.25 per mile so I bid it up to $3 and they countered with $2.75 so I booked it. Of course there is absolutely nothing for a load home so my all in rate per mile will be around $1.36 per mile, but I'm tired of sitting at home. I have some calls in for my contract customers so I may be able to put together a small LTL load home. More than anything, I just want to get my wheels rolling. It's not good for my truck (or my brain) just sitting here collecting dust.

86scotty and FoolsErrand Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.