Truck Load Rates Halt 8 Week Slide 2.0

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    In all seriousness, I'm a blessed man with a LOT to be thankful for.

Hot shower in my own bathroom this morning, hot coffee and cream cheese bagel, getting ready to kiss the wife and jump back on this current wave!

This is the wave I'm on for December through Monday morning the 7th. Just think if I actually worked for a living during these Covid times LOL

Hang 10, dudes!

Hang 10.jpg

Current month.JPG

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Nice, I’d say that definitely qualifies under the work smarter, not harder approach. Well done.

4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    You can say whatever you want but separating loaded from deadhead miles does make a picture look better. It is a makeup on a face.

Makes me feel better at least.

It offers me a non bottom feeder pass.

What really matters though is what is in the bank on 12/31/2020 vs 01/01/2020. The quintessence of why and for what.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, since I know you all like freight broker "feel good" stories, I figured I'd follow up on the fellow I wrote about a little over a week ago.

While loading in the bay area yesterday on another (from a different broker) $3,200/700 plus mile load, the broker I wrote about called me.

Told me he had another load for a different customer coming out of the same region but delivery distance was only 650 miles. Asked me what I thought. So, I said my first instinct was $3,000. This was his reply: "Okay, I'm going to quote the shipper based on paying you $3,200...does that sound fair?" LOL

Needless to say, I wasn't about to tell him that for "transparency" sake, he needed to include what the shipper is paying him on my rate confirmation :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  6. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Deleted. I don't like my posts where it says that I edited them.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Scooter Jones Thanks this.
  7. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    How about it would of been an "odious" thing of me to do.

You know, there's lots of folks (even on interweb forums) that are very odious. At least they come off that way.

Perhaps they're like the guy standing in line with really extreme B.O. Everyone around him is repulsed, except he's become so adapted to the odor, he's oblivious to it.

8. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    C'mon, man. I was just getting ready to piggyback on your "Business is business" line.

I tell freight brokers, "no offense, it's just business" at least a couple of times a month. Their response is usually always receptive to that principle. They are, after all, in business themselves.

TallJoe and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  9. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    C’mon man! You know, the thing. I got hairy legs! Haha Couldn’t resist.

TallJoe and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  10. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I've been so fortunate to of been able to ride some good waves over the last few years. It's such a good feeling to sit here this morning in good health, good family, good little business.

Going into 2021 (as I've shared), all of my fixed expenses are already paid for the whole year, I have the clear title to my trailer and am going to write a check to pay off the balance of my truck on December 31st.

I just hope this doesn't happen to me LOL

11. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    In a rather good book based on facts by Robert Harris "Officer and Spy", Dreyfus a Jewish officer serving in the French army, who spent years in penal colony for being falsely accused and convicted of espionage, at the end of the story had grudges towards another officer Pickard, who went out of his way to exonerate and rehabilitate him - simply speaking saved his life, because he Pickard was able to advance with his career to a high rank and serve at High Command, while he remained at the rank of major.

I thought Dreyfus was meaning business but I could not escape a distaste of his behavior which stroke me as...discourteous. I think it was meant by the author to emphasize a Jewish character in a rather derogatory sense - too ruthless to be appropriate. However, that in a way may attest to why they are good at business as I understand it.

I, for that matter, could not ask for more from someone who saved my life or already paid me 4+ per mile. I was born and raised catholic and perhaps lack those business qualities.
    Even the father of sociology Max Weber, came up with famous and blasphemous (to many people) theses - without making much fuss about putting it in a delicate way - that Catholics are substantially inferior to protestant work ethic and appreciation of material gains therefore their standard of living will be reflected in a visible way.
    When you look at countries like Poland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, even France, they evidently developed less since the Reformation of Martin Luther despite the fact that in those days they were economically and militarily on par, if not superior to the rest of the old World in 15-17 centuries.

I don't know why I got myself to type all that...I guess I put myself into some contemplative mood...

BTW: A lot of Jews were very dedicated military men serving bravely in many armies, including French and German army during WWI or Polish Cavalry in September 1939.

Midwest Trucker and Dale thompson Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.