Truck Load Rates Halt 8 Week Slide 2.0

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    That doesn’t sound bad at all. Hopefully my state opens back up. It’s been a real pain. I’ve read on here about one gentleman in particular waiting 50 some days for his IFTA to get setup.

Yeah we’re clinging on. lol. I just thought since people claim that only the good weeks are shown, I’d post an update. ;)

But, that was a significant slide so take it for what you will. Sounds like your fuel bill is pretty low. Happy for you man.

Looks like some good 4 wheelin country. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Oh it is. Tons of old logging trails. I have permission to ride on 2 of my neighbors land. One owns 330 acres and the other almost 800 acres

Edit. The guy that owns 800 is a rich land developer that's from Philly and bought it as a rich get away place. Big 26 acre lake. Let's me ride on it to keep an eye on the place, make sure people aren't ####ing with his stuff

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    That looks like an average winter day in Wyoming.

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I decided to get a load north tomorrow out of NorCal. I-5 is still closed north of Redding, but the weather is supposed to be letting up today and tomorrow, so I'm going to risk it and see what happens. Looks like it's going to get a little warmer too, so all this snow should change to rain in some of the lower elevations along the 5 through the mountains.

I'm seeing all of the usual shippers attempting to push their rates down even further, but there probably aren't a lot of takers with the bad weather. Seeing a lot of loads leaving CA at around $2 per mile, some a little under that. I held firm on $3.75 per mile on the load I have for tomorrow and when nobody else took it, I got it. Got my contract client to put together an LTL load Saturday, so I should have a great 3 day week after sitting home for the last 6 days.

TallJoe, Dale thompson, PPDCT and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Went over to my truck yard this morning. Put the battery kill switch to on, key in the ignition and the white Volvo fired up in less than 2 seconds.

Released the brakes and pulled forward and backwards 10 yards a couple of times, that's the extent of my truck driving for the past 5 weeks ;-)

TallJoe, Dale thompson, PPDCT and 2 others Thank this.
  7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I also noticed a substantial rate decrease this week and drop of volume. It might be heralding a change for worse and the it may last awhile too.
    I am pre booked starting Saturday until Wednesday for a little less than 5K on 1900 miles - I still consider it good and will take it gladly every week.
    I am thankful for the month of January which will end with $28.5K revenue and all the 6 previous months during which I was able to exploit the good market to the fullest. Perhaps, a little bit at a expense of my health and other pleasures of life but since we're anticipating slow downs, I'll have a good excuse to slack off and relax too. For which occasion, I have booked a condo in Sarasota, FL in March for an entire Spring break week and hope to get to see some of the Miami Open tennis tournament while I am there.

Truckermania, dwells40, PPDCT and 4 others Thank this.
  8. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Great job on that $28,500 this month Joe. #### near a 350k per year pace. Dry van non haz, that’s getting it done!

We are this close to forgetting you ran for 1.13/mi earlier this year. LOL :D

9. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Forgetting is not needed. That event was thoroughly premeditated, calculated, and what's more important: executed to the fullest with success. Perhaps, too lightheadedly on mine part, reported here. I mean without enough explanation and justification: neither financially, mathematically nor psychologically. The fact that at that point of time I had a good reason to haul for that little does not mean that someone else might have done the same successfully too.
    Rest assured, as as long as I am fond of contributing on this site, I will surely let know again, if I pull for that little.

10. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Im not sure that you did, but don’t take my post as a dig at you. It’s more a reminder to folks reading that things can change big big time. In another thread someone was saying the extent of that rates could never change 30 or 40%. Ummmm.... yeah, no they can for sure!

I’m very happy for you.

11. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    This very week reflects a change in rates by more than $500 on some lanes. For instance, I had a certain load in view out of Rochelle, IL going to Orlando, FL, also in conjunction of that load, I had another backhaul load load in view out of Pooler, GA The broker had it listed for $3400 as recently as last Friday and the broker out of Pooler had it listed for $1950. I bade by $300 more on the first and by $200 more on the second. A few weeks ago, they would have called me and negotiated, trying to feel me out if I could get any lower than that or they would have agreed to it right off but this time they did not. They changed the listing of the first one to $2900 and the 2nd someone else booked.

Midwest Trucker and Dale thompson Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.