Truck Load Rates Halt 8 Week Slide 2.0

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Scooter Jones, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Have fun with the family! Idk when yet but sometime this summer I'm gonna fly out to Denver and see my brother. Probably at the end of the summer. Only been west of the Mississippi a few times, planning on going to rocky mountain natl park for a few days

PPDCT, Farmerbob1 and SteveScott Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Man it seems like the traffic is back in full force. I haven't seen it like this since before covid bs

4. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Thought you were gonna get out of it?

5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I still am sometime later this year, or if the market tanks before then. I just figured as long as it's fairly easy to finally make some great money in this business, i should take advantage of it. The addition of another contract client will only enhance the value of my little company when I decide to sell it.

PoleCrusher, Farmerbob1 and PPDCT Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Scared money don't make money.

Farmerbob1 and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Man, you guys sound like you're just rollin' in the dough! Where are you keeping all this gold?

Money.JPG

8. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Broker Scenario:

1 load of 9 skids that is high dollar medical grade. Northern CA to Midwest.

No carriers to be found except a box truck who says 4k.

New authority, rented truck with no signage except says Penske. (Pictures confirm this)

Amount in load: 6k.

Do you book the load or do you say no and keep looking?

Classic case of greed vs servicing the customer even if it means telling them it can’t be covered and risking serious disappointment.

Do you book the load or push to Monday and put on a tractor trailer who is established? Probably making $300 instead.

dwells40, DUNE-T and SteveScott Thank this.
  9. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Ive been investing everything in clothes, jewels, and mouth grillz. Is good?

10. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    Im not a broker but I would rather sleep at night knowing that my freight is safe with a known driver than some fly by night no name. What is that 2k worth if no name disappears with the load?

11. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I'd keep the customer happy but what can you really do, if there is nobody else but an incognito Penske?
    You mean you have 6K in it? Does in need to go as a full load or partial? Most likely full truck load. I'd still be concerned that some of them - less recognized carriers, would want to cheat the seal and try to add some freight. I've seen it too many times. Established carriers give you better assurance. These are real dilemmas.

I'd be stressed more in a broker's shoes than I am as a carrier. I still worry about freight being rejected, delayed, miscounted and damaged prior to loading. I worry too much as a carrier than I should, nothing really bad happened in the last 500-600 loads, I covered. I never really worried about not getting paid, either.
    On the other hand, when they give a load to me, I think they may worry about me bouncing off a load every now and then, if booked too early. Yes, I admit, I am, to a point, a dog about it but if it is on a whim, I would not bail in the last minute, or even last day. Once I am loaded, though, I am like a Swiss bank - the money is safe.

PPDCT, PoleCrusher, Lostkeys and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.